• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by aP.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Speed Cameras…..
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is there any way of checking how many people are caught by a specific camera or on a certain road?
    No, I’ve not been caught, despite doing about 30 out of 50 miles a day in average camera zones, because I’m sensible.
    But I regularly see people doing speeds well over the limit, in particular one Audi driver (obvs!) who I’ve seen a few times* driving like a weapons grade bellend.
    It would be rather comforting if I thought he stood a chance of being caught.

*i’ve got video if you’d like to see?

aracer
    Free Member

FOI request to whoever runs them (Safety Camera Partnership?) They might not give you the info, but that’s your best bet.

wwaswas

you could try an FOI request to the local force.

they’re often reluctant to list results by specific camera because it shows which aren’t monitored, though.

re: specific cars our force operate http://www.operationcrackdown.org/ to report it – yours may do something similar.

martinhutch

Have you reported the antics of WGB Audi?

doris5000

would be interested to know.

on the M32 they had a 40 limit for ages which was roundly ignored by prats. Then recently they added cameras when roadworks caused narrow lanes to be used. People continued ignoring the limit for a while, then the local rag mentioned that they’d issued 6000 tickets in a fortnight 😆

the speed limit is much better observed now…

scotroutes

If it’s ASCs then it could be the Audi is joining or leaving the road inbetween cameras and so would never be caught at that point.

Cougar

Don’t they position them so as to avoid exactly that scenario? I was pretty sure they did.

scotroutes

There are loads of entries/exits on the A9 and only a few (well, 40-odd) camera gantries. When I join it heading north it’s about 4-5 miles before I come to a gantry.

jimdubleyou

Don’t they position them so as to avoid exactly that scenario? I was pretty sure they did.

In theory, yes.

However, on the A316 near us, they only have them between the roundabouts. Any turnoffs are not monitored.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So you can’t really check then. Fair enough. Just wondering….

tenfoot

I guess if you carry on seeing him driving like a bell-end, you’ll know, at least, whether the camera works.

tonyf1
    Free Member

But I regularly see people doing speeds well over the limit, in particular one Audi driver (obvs!) who I’ve seen a few times* driving like a weapons grade bellend.

Peter, any chance of describing your definition of weapons grade bellendary just in case it’s me (being an Audi driver and all)? 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

^ I think that’s about as close as the OP is going to get to someone asking him to post the video.

aP
    Free Member

Is it this one?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxxvSZDd4EQ[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Speed Cameras…..’ is closed to new replies.