Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Speed camera flashed me in France – what now?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Speed limits change, sat navs are rarely up to date

Just a point in case re @Edukator’s post, my gf religiously updates her satnav and it still doesn’t reflect the reduced speed limit on the Peripherique around Paris which is now 70 vs 80 and has been so for 6 months. We’ve also found a few places on the autoroute which are 110 not 130 as on SatNav

atlaz
    Free Member

Not true. If the car is UK registered you won’t hear any more about it. If it’s other European you may well hear about it.

As for satnavs I use CamerAlert which is effectively crowd sourced but it’s still frequently wrong. A nice thing with CamerAlert though is that you get credit on your subs for submitting changes; as a result mine currently expires in 2029

julians
    Free Member

Not true. If the car is UK registered you won’t hear any more about it. If it’s other European you may well hear about it.

ok then, based on my experience , if the car is swiss registered or uk registered you wont hear any more about it.

Its the reason I always hire a car from the swiss side of geneva airport when going skiing in france.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Speed camera flashed me in France – what now?’ is closed to new replies.