Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Spectating at a world cup DH
  • Paul@RTW
    Free Member

My wife and I are contemplating taking a trip to Leogang to watch the DH world cup race. Does anyone know if we can just rock up, throw some horns and drop our kecks or do we need to book / order tickets for the privilege?

antennae
    Free Member

Depends on the venue! At Fort William you need a ticket to get on site, but at Méribel we just strolled up the track with cowbells.

Looks like you need a ticket for Leogang (12 euros, no discount for dropped kecks):

http://bike.saalfelden-leogang.com/en/events/2016/out-of-bounds-festival-2016/uci-dh-mountain-bike-weltcup-2016/

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Good find, thanks for that. My Google skills are obviously lacking. Right, now to plan a trip to “Salzburger Land”…..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Depending where you are can fly direct to Salzburg, I find Munich has cheap airfares , and the train to munchen is really cheap, get a bayern pass that last a couple of days and covers 3-5 adults for the Bayern German region including the the trainline to/from Salzburg

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Yeah, we’ve done Sud Tirol from Salzburg on the trains before. Such a nice set up with the lift pass access etc. Looking forward to going back. I’ll check Munich options, thanks for the tip.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I went to Meribel with the family in 2014. Just pulled up in the camper found the signs for ‘Camping car’ and found a spot in the car park. No ticket, no booking. The only costs were the lift passes to get to the top of the track and for the ‘well done for carrying your 3 year old super fan down a world cup DH track on your shoulders beers at the bottom’.

hels
    Free Member

AFAIK Fort William is the only round that is so popular and spectator friendly that they can get away with charging for entrance.

fingerbang
    Free Member

yeah, la bresse was free in 2011

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spectating at a world cup DH’ is closed to new replies.