Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • spectacles and NHS content.
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Been to the opticians and remembered why i hate going, £350 quid later…. i have a pair of glasses on order.

As c£250 of that is on the lenses, but i could have saved £20 by getting 1.5 lenses rather than 1.67!!! The prescription could not be supplied simply!!!

Wondering what happens if you don’t have a job and rely on NHS glasses? would they cover the whole cost? are you left to find the money anyway you can???

mrmo
    Free Member

So i am a band d, still doesn’t quite meet the costs…. I guess i would just have to find the difference.

chewkw
    Free Member

If you happen to travel abroad get them there …

While travelling abroad I got this all in for £200 – Porsche design P8158 titanium frame with 1.5 Hoya multicoated plastic lens (-4.25 & -4.5). Classic design that will last forever … whoohooo!

This is the best and most comfortable frame I have today, it is so good I bought another one exactly the same as backup. I reckon I will not have to buy another pair of glasses for another twenty years. (I was using my last Esprit frame for 11 years and it is still with me)

Looks like this … in Matte Olive colour.

Porsche design

mintimperial

1. Get prescription from optician.
    2. Cancel order for expensive specs.
    3. Buy £25 pair of specs online instead.

My current glasses are three years old and cost me £22, they’re ace.

mrmo
    Free Member

current glasses are Lindberg airs and set me back in excess of £400, 50/50 frame and lenses but that was 10 years ago. When your prescription is in excess of -6, 1.5 lenses get a bit heavy.

New pair are a bit cheaper as i found some frames i liked on offer.

scotroutes

1/ Get free eye test from optician.
    2/ Order glasses online.

mrmo
    Free Member

1. Get prescription from optician.
    2. Cancel order for expensive specs.
    3. Buy £25 pair of specs online instead.

not an easy option as prescription is out of range, lenses are made to order not trimmed.

mintimperial

not an easy option as prescription is out of range.

Ah, righto, sorry. 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘spectacles and NHS content.’ is closed to new replies.