Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • bespectacled people – specs with 'temple grips'
  • iainc

just getting used to my new specs and didn’t really notice when choosing them that instead of normal bent bits to go round the ear they have swanky carbon fibre legs which kinda grip the side of one’s head behind/above the ear (temple grips the Optician tells me) ……darned achy things to wear, hope I get used to them….
    these ones

I_Ache
    Free Member

My new Oakleys have them. I think they are great because now my glasses don’t slide down my face when I get sweaty. A lot of that could be down to the unobtainium bits they put on the legs/nose tho.

iainc

I Ache – mine are well planted on my face too, and don’t slide at all. Think I must have sensistive temples though 😛 Optician said they need to press in a bit to stay on, so hopefully I will get used to them. Thankfully purchased from family optician we have been using for years, so if they dont work out they’ll find a solution – expensive old man varifocals too 😆

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of Oakley varifocals with unobtanium socks on the arms. I don’t notice any gripping feeling at all. The only problem I find is that they tend to rotate off the bridge of my nose & slide forward when I bend my head down when doing gardening or something. Perhaps mine are too loose?
    I wouldn’t have thought they should actually cause discomfort though.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Have had them for years, I actually have two quite deep, permanent grooves in the side of my head from where they’ve pressed but have never had any discomfort. apart from the time one end snapped off a pair of oakleys and the wire buried itself in my scalp.

iainc

cheers for feedback – maybe mine need loosened off a bit

paulwf

My Oakleys ached for a while, but now they are fine. I also now have 2 grooves in my head though

lemonysam
    Free Member

I also now have 2 grooves in my head though

I kind of imagine a futuristic version of time team digging up my skull and postulating as to the bizarre ritualistic significance of me deformed bone structure.

gusamc
    Free Member

I actually like mine being able to slip as in wet I slip halfway down nose, so I can choose fractal vision or above fractal vision depending on what my head angle is

mtbfix

I would suggest that if your specs cause you any discomfort they are not fitting properly. That fine line between snug and tight.

iainc

I would suggest that if your specs cause you any discomfort they are not fitting properly. That fine line between snug and tight.

Indeed, will give them a few days and then go back to get them ‘adjusted’, thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘bespectacled people – specs with 'temple grips'’ is closed to new replies.