Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Speciialized H2O or Galibier Barrier gloves opinions please .
  • oldfart

Read the recent thread , the Galibier seem a favourite on here . Are they more road orientated rather than MTB ? What about the Spesh ones ? Apart from water and wind proof and warmth the mission impossible with winter gloves is the lining staying put when you take them off !!!! What’s the consensus out there ?
    ,!!

Squirrel

I’ve had the galibiers for a couple of months and worn them on 30 or 40 rides (mixed on and off road). Pretty warm down to about freezing, below that I need liners. Only minor issue is that there is a gap where the cuff closes: the extended cuff on my jacket (which has a thumb hole) seals it nicely but it could be a bit draughty otherwise. Haven’t used them in heavy rain.

servo
    Free Member

I just bought the galibier barrier IIIs last week and my first ride was Thursday 😯 when it was -1 and heavy snow down South. For most of the ride they were great, but the last 10 minutes were really bad and my hands really suffered. I don’t think it was a fair test. They are nicely made gloves and I think they would be a lot more expensive with a fancy brand name.

oldfart

Good stuff anyone else ?

Ambrose

The Galibier lining is attached so it won’t pull out. I used mine for the first time for a few hours today. Some snow on the ground, drizzly weather. Probably ambient 5 degrees. I was warm, toasty and dry.

Kryton57

My Galibier Barrier’s experience reflect Ambrose post, very tactile as well and very well made. Good point about the gap in the cuff, although sorted with a long enough jersey sleeve. Definitely worth the money.

Squirrel

Oh, and I’ve not had any problems with the lining pulling out.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Galibier seem to be road orientated, but their stuff is really well made for any biking. All it needs is to leave any preconceptions at the door.

oldfart

All good then friends , what about the sizing ? I’m usually Medium ? Well made so rusty tufty enough for MTBing then ?

Squirrel

I used their sizing guide and it worked for me. As said before 30 or 40 rides, no significant wear yet. That’s including a few offs 😕

oldfart

Offs ? Oh dear ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Speciialized H2O or Galibier Barrier gloves opinions please .’ is closed to new replies.