Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specific Tool for this ??
  • beano68
    Free Member

Trying to remove the outer bolt on the crank but can’t seem to find the specific spanner to undo it …

I bought the ice tools adjustable peg spanner hoping it would work but the pins are too big 🙁

Anyone else have any ideas as I don’t want to keep buying different tools and waste my money

wrecker
    Free Member

Circlip pliers not do it? Mine have smaller pins than that tool you bought.
    (get proper ones, not that modular set thing – it’s shit)

beano68
    Free Member

Unfortunately not got any circlip pliers but rather have the right tool for this bolt, as its bugging me now

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

Park Tool, Pin Spanners have: SPA1= 2.9mm pins, SPA2=2.3mm pins.

beano68
    Free Member

Thanks qwerty I’ll look to see which one is compatible

STATO
    Free Member

As no-one seem to have asked, are you aware thats a self extracting cap over the crank bolt? I only mention as it looks like the crank is still on the bike and the obvious reason most people try to remove that cap (bit with pin holes in) is to try and remove the crank, which doesnt actually require removing of the cap.

trusty

What stato said up there. To get the cranks off you don’t need to touch the outer cap, just undo the inner bolt

beano68
    Free Member

Yes I am aware’ but the self extracting cap has been loose and not sitting right on the crank, so I need to remove it and have a look.

I’ve managed to remove the crank already to service the bearing but the self extracting cap isn’t sitting correctly at the moment

STATO
    Free Member

no problem, just thought it needed mentioned as so many people ask the question and are directed to buy tools they often dont need, because no-one asks what they are trying to achieve 🙂

beano68
    Free Member

Fair point mate, I was aware there was no need to remove it 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specific Tool for this ??’ is closed to new replies.