Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specific plumbing Q for the STW plumbers
  • m1kea
    Free Member

I brought a Mcalpine twin connector trap to connect two machines up. I think I’m going to have issues getting it in the available space and I my need to fit it at an angle.

It’s got a breather hole in the top so does anyone know if this HAS to be fitted on a vertical waste pipe or can I angle it at say 45′?

See, I told you it was specific

nealglover
    Free Member

If i understand the issue your having, You should be able to shorten the upright pipe you are connecting it to.

You shouldn’t need to fit it on an angle then ?

m1kea
    Free Member

neal

Unfortunately no, the trap and waste pipe will need to go into a corner space which will mean one of the spigots will be useless.

I ideally need to bring it back away from the wall and facing back into the room, hence angling it.

It’s no deal breaker if I have to take it back though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

would it be possible to put two spigots on the stand pipe and then an air admittance valve on the top?
    http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/domestic-appliance-accessories/1-189-domestic-appliance-tee-piece.html
    or put a standpipe with trap in the corner and then put both outlet hoses in the top?

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/domestic-appliance-traps/1-189-standpipe-trap.html

m1kea
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner

I’ve already got that standpipe and trap, which is what I was going to fit the v33wm to.

Won’t look as tidy but I guess I could get one of the traps and nozzle assemblies instead. Washing machine pipe fed in the top and tumble dryer attached to the nozzle? The trap and elbow would be dumped in the ‘spares’ cupboard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specific plumbing Q for the STW plumbers’ is closed to new replies.