Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Specialized/DT Swiss 420sl rims on the Stumpy Expert – made of cheese?
  • shedfull
    Free Member

Hello,

There's another hour to go, at least, of the Merida/ACU enduro at Ash Ranges but I'm at home with a sore elbow and a buckled rim having crashed on the second lap. I took a right turn down a shallow bank onto mown grass and there was ice under the grass. The front wiped out and I hit the hard ground on hip and elbow. I stood up, swore a bit, then swore a lot more when I saw the state of the wheel:

So a front wheel slide on mown grass buckled the rim. This will be the third time in the 4 months I've owned the Stumpy that I've been back for wheels to be trued. Admittedly, one was after a stick went through the rear but the others have been minor slides or knocks.

Are other Stumpy owners bending wheels at the rate I am?

Cheers,

Ian

Brother_Will
    Free Member

I wouldnt blame the rim, more than likely the build, if its an OEM wheel it will probably be a machine built.

Archiedale
    Free Member

Snap, the same happend to me. There S**T big time, would expect better for the money i paid for bike.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Specialized/DT Swiss 420sl rims on the Stumpy Expert – made of cheese?’ is closed to new replies.