• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by sl80.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Specialized Zee cage – bottle alignment
  • nairnster
    Free Member

Just bought an alloy one and the specialized keg , and it sits angled in the cage slightly off to the right (right hand opening on downtube).

Is this how it should be (perhaos to facilitate bottle removal and replacement) or is the cage bent.

Tried taking a photo but its difficult to show it.

Seems secure, but it looks wonky and is annoying.

Anyone got one they could check?

doubleu
    Free Member

May / may not be useful – I have the plastic version and the specialized bottle. Sits perfectly straight and normal. Lets see a photo.

nairnster
    Free Member

Bugger lol

Hard to show but you can see ot sits pointing up to the right.

SirHC

Zee cage and speciliazed bottles on two bikes, both sit straight.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Mine does this too gets my ocd

Thats with a spesh bottle too im sure at first it sat flush but now it does exactly the same as yours

It doesnt sit flush with any brand bottle although it did do when i held it by hand, ive put new cage bolts on the frame so wondering if its something to do with that as they arent the same length and height as the originals

Its never fallen out though hitting some rocky stuff so id not worry about that

Ps mine are plastic too

cubicboy
    Free Member

I have two of the plastic ones and the bottles both sits slightly off-centre

nairnster
    Free Member

@Oscillate Wildly i thought it may have been the bolts so fitted some with a lower profile head that sits below the level of the cage. No difference.

It seems secure enough, but it does/will annoy me.

STATO
    Free Member

My camelbak bottles dont sit straight in the plastic version of those cages, the bottle needs to have a step/taper where the top tab of the cage is. If not the bottle is pushed away from the frame and obviously the cage will then flex in only one direction so the bottle sits wonky. No surprise spesh bottle fit perfect. Not sure how the keg bottle differs?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

stato – mines is with a spesh bottle! as said I’m sure it did fit flush when I first got it, so either the bottles deformed, or the cage has, if its not the bolts

does annoy me looking down but its been down some ropey tracks since I had it last year and its never once bounced out even being on a slant

happybiker
    Free Member

Mine sit straight, got some Lezyne side loading cages which are great but they put 750ml slightly off to one side.

scotroutes

I have two Zee cages used with random (but not Camelbak) bottles and grey both sit straight

sl80
    Free Member

I’m using a RH zee cage with a BBB tool case and it also sits at a very slight angle. Nothing to worry about it hasn’t ever moved in all the time I’ve used it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Zee cage – bottle alignment’ is closed to new replies.