Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Specialized warranty claim
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Hi
    Just discovered a crack in the frame of my carbon 29er stumpjumper. Anyone know the rules of making a claim with one of the Specialized concept stores. Bike is 18months old.
    Thanks

simondbarnes

Take it back to them with proof of purchase, they’ll send a photo to Specialized UK who will probably send the shop a new frame.

falkirk-mark

I got a replacement fsr xc frame at 5 and a half years.

jonundercover
    Free Member

As above but if they ask you if you’ve jumped on it say no!

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Will I get the option to upgrade to say an s-works frame if I pay the difference?

pjm84
    Free Member

Make sure you put the original seat post back in!

yen
    Free Member

They are one of the better companies to deal with when it comes to warranties.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Mark, what did you get as a replacement?
    I have just had my 5.5 year XC fsr replaced due to a crack as well.
    I got a Camber frame plus a new fork.

Well impressed with their warranty.

falkirk-mark

It was over a year ago, I had a 2006 fsr xc (100 mm travel) and they gave me a 120mm fsr xc (2010) with brand new shock.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Thats why I have both an Enduro and Stumpy, the spesh haters will be along soon to spoil the party! 😀

*EDIT*

Someone called them the “Ford” of bikes on here the other day, have you EVER tried a warranty claim off Ford???

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Specialized go to 5 years sometimes more if they feel like it. I lost out a 6 years on an Enduro. From others who have “won” I think they replace with current model (unless 1 is in stock) and allow you to upgrade for difference.

FWIW Concept stores are just normal shops with a fancy name

lardman
    Free Member

spesh are great with warrantee items. Best by a long way i think you’ll find. Thats why i only ride a spesh.

hora
    Free Member

Well at least its not through Evans Cycles. They are terrible for Specialized warranty claims.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Evans sorted my cracked XC frame, and i had not even bought the bike from them.
    Brilliant service from my local Evans in Nottingham.
    New frame have direct mount front mech so they contacted specialized and got a new one for me at no cost to me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Specialized warranty claim’ is closed to new replies.