Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized Warranty – Bearings?
  • michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a Stumpy EVO comp and the bearings where the fork yolk piece connects to the linkage plate are starting to feel loose. Ive only had the bike since January which isnt great bearing life at all in my opinion. Does anyone know if this would/could be a warranty fix?

Thanks,
    Mike

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

up hill battle with bearings on warranty,

worth speaking to them though,

stumpy01

This happened to my FSR & it was just the bearing covers loosening slightly. Have you checked they are all tight?

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Yeah i noticed while out at Afan on Sunday, so gave them a pinch up then but this hasnt helped.

I agree bearings are a part that wears, but a ride at weekends for 6 months and they are shot? Not that great really. (its the 2012 model)

Would i contact a local Specialized dealer and go from there? Or specialized direct some how?

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Good luck!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Take the opportunity to replace with good quality named bearings. If the area you mean is at chainstay/seatstay joint these are always the weak link on FSR bikes as they are so small.

A bit of time spent lubing periodically them will help the new ones last much longer.

neil853
    Free Member

My Scott Ransom used to go through bearings at an alarming rate (6-8 months). I manged to get the first set done under warranty (still had to pay £40 fitting) but that was it 🙄

patriotpro
    Free Member

Contact the place you bought it to see if you have a case for warranty. They will then direct you to the nearest ‘authorised’ Spesh’ dealer to deal with the work.

jonba
    Free Member

Good luck getting warranty on bearings!

I can’t quite understand where you mean but I have you checked it is not the shock eyelet bushing that is loose. Mine only seem to last about 6 months in bad weather like we’ve had. Simple and cheap to replace yourself.

acehtn
    Free Member

Worth asking at the retailer you got the bike from.

I had the rear wheel bearings fail in a week on my SX, that was fixed FOC by the shop after they had contacted spesh. Doubt that would have happened after 6 months, but still worth asking.

When my stumpjumper FSR main pivot bearings went, i got replacments from the bike shop £7 each, kept the dead ones and much much later i was using BSL Brammer with work. Took them in, told them i paid £7 each, how much for a direct replacement……£1.50 each or for £7 i could get some quality units that cope better with the minimal roatation and loads. I learnt how to change bearings after that 🙂 (was several years back so prices will have changed)

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Thanks for all the feedback. Ive emailed the original shop purchased from and will go from there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Warranty – Bearings?’ is closed to new replies.