Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Specialized UK
  • athy62
    Free Member

I fancy a Command Post IRcc but Spesh UK not importing them in 31.6mm as “Specialized don’t use them”. Yeah, well, Specialized make them & sell them in the US and other bikes exist so stop being so me, me, me and think about other bike users.

PS don’t want to shim as have a carbon frame.

scotroutes

Oh teh ironing

Speshpaul

Buy a 30.9 and order a 31.6 outer from the states.
    But there are other droppers out there.

mark90
    Free Member

I want one in 27.2, but they don’t even make them. Bloody Specialized just thinking about Specialized riders 👿

athy62
    Free Member

There are other droppers but none with a layback I need that the Command Post has.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Specialized do make a 27.2 dropper. I use one in my epic

The 50mm drop one is out of stock till September but the 35mm drop one should be available from your local Spesh dealer now

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Genuine question as I’ve not come across it before; what has not using a shim got to do with having a carbon composite frame? I use a 30.9 – 31.6 in my Cube HPC. Am I surviving on borrowed time?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

athy62 – Member
    There are other droppers but none with a layback I need that the Command Post has.

So you bought the wrong sized frame?

mark90
    Free Member

Specialized do make a 27.2 dropper. I use one in my epic

But only in the short drop, I want 100mm (or 125mm) like the CP IR on my other bike. It’s looking like an old style RSP Plummet is the best option. I like the simplicity/serviceability of a mechanical post.

Tracey

Looks from reading that the 2017 carbon Enduros may have a larger dia seat tube but the Command post will be shimmed out.

amedias
    Free Member

Rubbish, most MTB manufacturers don’t change the seat angle between frame sizes at all, and the ones that do only by tiny amounts. If you need layback (or vice versa an inline) to get in the right position for pedalling for you then that’s likely to be the case regardless of size.

Even more of an issue with the current trend for super steep seat angles, they don’t work for everyone and a bit of adjustment on the post allows some fiddling.

The Spesh CP has layback precisely because of the very steep effective seat angle on their bikes, an inline post would put the saddle position far too far forward. The front end/reach can be as long as you like, you still need to be able to sit in the right place relative to the BB.

athy62
    Free Member

Because of my weird body shape of short legs and long body I find large frames too high but medium frames too short so I opt for medium as I am on the cusp of medium/large frames. A long stem compensates for this but handling isn’t as good as a shorter one.

I am currently using a fixed layback post and find the position perfect with the shorter stem which has improved the front end handling. However I miss my dropper (was a Reverb).

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Just shim the thing if you want one that badly .

devash
    Free Member

Kind Shock (KS) do one with the same (2.5cm) or near enough layback.

http://kssuspension.com/product/dropzone-r/

The Spesh CP has layback precisely because of the very steep effective seat angle on their bikes, an inline post would put the saddle position far too far forward. The front end/reach can be as long as you like, you still need to be able to sit in the right place relative to the BB.

Amedias is right. Most of Specialized’s frames come with a layback post as stock for geometry reasons. Anecdotally, I tried an inline post on my Camber, which I use primarily for XC use, and it felt horrible so went back to the stock layback.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Specialized UK’ is closed to new replies.