Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized Turbo Levo…
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Looks amazing. I’m all for fitness but having experienced a leccy bike a couple of weeks ago on a hire one of these would let me ride twice as many trails in the same amount of time.

http://www.mtb-mag.com/en/first-ride-specialized-turbo-levo-fsr/

simondbarnes

Looks fun 🙂

ton

nice, going uphill. then not so nice.

Gotama
    Free Member

Didn’t have any issues with the haibike I tried. It’s a fair bit heavier but probably no worse than the iron horse sundays of yesteryear and that didn’t cause sam hill et al any problems. Just have to use a bit more body English which surely shouldn’t trouble a man of your girth. Admittedly someone closer to 70kg might feel the effect more but there’s not a lot that can be done about that until battery and motor tech moves on.

ton

my haibike was fine, until going downhill, or until the frame snapped.

Gotama
    Free Member

What was wrong with it going downhill? Genuinely curious, not trying to pick a fight. There’s the extra weight which will take something away but provided you have the bodyweight to move it around and assuming you haven’t got the skill level to whip the bike around in all sorts of crazy shapes in the air then I don’t really see the issue?

ton

the extra weight made it pretty hard to handle at speed. it was pretty hard to get the wheels off the floor over stuff.
    also the forks and brakes were not suitable and the rear shock got so hot you could not touch it.

Northwind

Pretty interesting that. I didn’t see an actual weight?

Also, funny to see the samsung 18650s in the battery pack.

ton

the bosch motor and battery on my haibike weighed a fair lump.
    10 pounds or more at a guess. and to ride distance I bought a second £600 battery.

Gotama
    Free Member

also the forks and brakes were not suitable and the rear shock got so hot you could not touch it.

fair enough and interesting. It seems Specialized are addressing ^^ by using 200mm rotors front and rear whilst the new fangled front wheel spacing fork, according to the review, is stiffer than the pike.

Northwind – no weight mentioned, speculating but presumably specialized wouldn’t let it be published. Edit – prior article on the same site suggest rumours of an s-works version sub 20kg so assume the one pictured is 22kg? 2kg for a whole load of carbon bling probably fair given it already had carbon wheels.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Turbo Levo…’ is closed to new replies.