Viewing 14 posts - 281 through 294 (of 294 total)
  • Specialized threaten to sue over Roubaix name!
  • aracer
    Free Member

I think we have the first public announcement from Specialized on this issue in that un-atrributed front page article. I wonder how many other places that will appear with the implication that it is written by a journalist.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ooooh, the rage! Do you get this angry about every trade mark dispute, or just those that get extensive coverage on your chosen social media outlets?

I’m not angry and I don’t have any chosen social media outlets.
    $pesh rider perchance?

maxtorque

I think the best point to take away from this whole sorry episode is as follows:

“If you’re gonna wave your willy around, check that it’s actually your willy you’re waving first!

😉

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I hope Spesh paid for that front page ad.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Love Tubs – Member
    Hey DezB & Kimbers….tell ya what’s funnier, the rubber shock absorbers in forks and seat-stays, connected by high modulus carbon links thus directing the majority of the shock force erm, along the tube??

Much as I love sticking the boot in whilst the other man’s international bike company’s down, you’re talking bollox.

The CFRP forms a ‘S’ shaped spring in the fork/seatstays, which can compress/extend. The elastomer insert isn’t suppourting your weight (much, it’ll take a fraction), it’s there to dampen the spring effect. CFRP has relatively low loss factor (damping) so an undamped version would vibrate/oscilate over cobbles, rather than absorb the energy.

Canyon have been doing something similar with the VCLS CFRP seatposts, ading bassalt fibres which have a greater loss factor, so they can make posts with lots of movement, that don’t oscilate like a Ti post when pedaling.

Which is why Pinarello’s bike design really is bolox, and ugly (and why steel/ti feel springy, but CFRP feels ‘dead’)!

asterix
    Free Member

I think we have the first public announcement from Specialized on this issue in that un-atrributed front page article.

appartently its written by some guy from Albuquerque

richpips
    Free Member

Via Twitter.

@iamspecialized
    Local shops are so important to us & the industry. Glad we found a solution with @CafRoubaix & will take this experience to heart.

aracer
    Free Member

They’ve also broken their silence on FB – though I’m not about to link to their FB page here. There is a video of Mike Sinyard visiting Dan in his shop to apologise – he doesn’t half look like he doesn’t want to be there! Good on him for going to that length, but to be honest he was forced to do it, and they will be judged on whether they change their litigation policy in future, not on how well they apologise now. Do the right thing Specialized and sack half your lawyers tomorrow (you know just where to start).

wwaswas

I love the way they’re spinning a humiliating climbdown following pressure from the owner of the trademark into finding a solution.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Saw that video this morning. Mike really didn’t look like a happy bunny. I also think Dan would have him in a fight.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Video is a bit cringeworthy. But fair enough.

DezB
    Free Member

Glad you knew what he was on about TINAS.

rickmeister

Man-hug at the end shows off the Cafe-Roubaix wheels nicely, Genius !

wwaswas
Viewing 14 posts - 281 through 294 (of 294 total)

The topic ‘Specialized threaten to sue over Roubaix name!’ is closed to new replies.