Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Specialized the Captain and 2bliss
  • vinnyeh

Anybody rate these tires – is it worth getting the S-works and/or 2bliss versions? What's sizing come up like? They seem pretty economical to me.

Any other recommendations for tires for just riding along?

njee20
    Free Member

They're fairly grippy, but quite slow, fairly average IMO.

The S-Works ones are lighter, but still about 550g IIRC, the Control is heavier and a bit tougher, I'd get the S-Works. Both are tubeless ready, but tend to be a bit hit and miss when setting up, they're generally a bit loose on the rims.

carlphillips
    Free Member

i love the captains, and use them on all my bikes as do it all tires.

true they dont excel in any one area but they are consistently grippy in most conditions, i ride moors/trail centres/quantocks/local woods on mine and i dont buy any other tire anymore.

oh i do use bonty mud x for bad racing conditions.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have the 2 bliss sworks versions in both 2.0 and 2.2 sizes. I run the 2.2 tubeless on my full sus on mavic ust rims and the others on my HT but with tubes for now.
    I find them a good all year round option. They are not as fast as a hard pack type tyre but then they are more than ok in the mud and clear well.
    The sizing does come up fairly large, the 2.0 have replaced a pair of conti 2.2 race kings and they are slightly wider than they were.
    I have found mine easy to get to work tubelessly on the mavic rims but have yet to try the getto way (which is what i want to do on the HT).
    Just to add i have used mine a lot here on the southdowns/new forest/salisbury plains as well as trips to afan and the peak district.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Specialized the Captain and 2bliss’ is closed to new replies.