Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Specialized Stuntjumper 2006/7 Pivot
  • astura
    Free Member

Im looking to change the pivot on a Stuntjumper can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I need to do? or what tools I need to do it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Firstly it’s a Stumpjumper, which might make googling easier. Which pivot, there a few. They can mostly be done with bits if studding and various sockets to push the old bearings out and the new ones in. Just hope the bearings don’t break as then it can be a pain.

drslow
    Free Member

Do you mean the bushings? Contact betd.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    astura
    Free Member

The ones loose, that’s seems like you have to get the crank out to change it or remove. I would rather try it myself before going down to the lbs. Has anyone changed it before? Give instructions

Esme
    Free Member

What’s the magic word? 🙄

astura
    Free Member

Aplogies, please on the end 😳

nickjb
    Free Member

Sounds like you mean the main pivot. That seems likely as they tend to go first.

Remove cranks, front mech/chain device and rear wheel.
    Undo big pivot bolt (Allen key one side, socket the other.
    Remove bolt (can be tight) and drop rear suspension. Don’t lose the spacers.
    Push each bearing out from the inside (make a bearing pusher from a socket, studding, washers and nuts)
    Use a similar tool but bigger socket to put the new bearings in
    Replace bolt, spacers and rear suspension.

Its not tricky but go careful because if you do break the bearing it becomes a much bigger job.

astura
    Free Member

That’s great, do you know where I can get the bearing kit from

astura
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get the bearing kit from?

astura
    Free Member

That’s great thanks, im pretty certain the bearing itself has to be changed – is there anything I need to be wary of when doing?

orangeboy
    Free Member

As above the only tricky bit is if the bearing falls apart and leaves the out race stuck in the hole. If if does its dremell time

But those bigger ones don’t often do that

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Stuntjumper 2006/7 Pivot’ is closed to new replies.