Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Specialized Stumpjumper stolen from roofrack. Could you keep 'em peeled please?
  • gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mate’s 2006ish much loved, black Stumpy FSR got stolen yesterday tea time from Tesco carpark in Congleton. It was locked into a Thule roofrack but – as videos on here have previously shown – seems like that’s not much of a deterrent if someone’s after it.

No CCTV, but one witness. They’ve done the trawl of the local spots, but if anyone sees it (or anything like it) could you please get in touch. Will do the eBay search thing and talk to our friends at the bike shop on Monday morning.

Spec:
    Size large – with a Fox Triad rear shock and somewhat tired bushes / bearings…
    Rockshox Revs (Black with red decals) 140mm with remote lock-out
    Mavic XC717 rims on Hope II hubs
    Fat Albert 2.4 on the front and a Maxxis Advantage 2.25 on the back
    Black Funn Fatboy bars
    XT cranks with brand new Superstar chainrings & SPDs
    Peaty lock on grips (Grey/brown grip with red collars)
    Thomson Elite layback post & stock saddle

Thanks in advance… 🙁

carlos
    Free Member

Theiving scrotes!!

Don’t forget Gumtree

I’ll keep an eye out round Macc and the forest, you got any pics ?

monogramman
    Free Member

Scumbags! long shot but the shell petrol station hasn’t captured anything on their cctv?

Any pics of the bike?

Had my whyte 46 stolen from my mums just up the road about 2 years ago, be good to find out if it’s the same **** and if they are local.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonetothehills
    Free Member

Cheers Carlos – will look at Gumtree too. He’s sorting a pic but I think any he’s got are riding ones rather than just the bike itself. Will post one up if I get one off him. It was my mate who had your road wheels off you too… 🙁

Monogramman – great idea. We’ll get onto them about it. We get the impression that the culprit may be well known, but need to dig a bit deeper I think.

Thanks again guys.

project
    Free Member

Been in that Tesco, the car park is well in front of the building, also ask the local council cctv operatives if they have anything, details usually on sonme cctv poles for the dierect dial number.

Also try droping your details into the excellent bike shop up the hill from Tescos, they may well get it in for repairs etc latter on,possibly from someone who has bought it legit .

A good tip is to fit a personnel alarm under the seat, and a thin piece of fishermans cord to the car roof rack, so that when the bike gets moved the alarm goes off , by pulling the pin out.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/yale-personal-attack-alarm/215-3001.prd

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Gonetothehills I’ve just seen this been ridden around cong town center by a scrote! Defo the same bike, youngish looking chav…

He was riding it up the hill near natwest on the corner at the traffic lights in town centre

xcentric
    Free Member

Gonetothehills I’ve just seen this been ridden around cong town center by a scrote! Defo the same bike, youngish looking chav…

He was riding it up the hill near natwest on the corner at the traffic lights in town centre

phone police?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

tried ringing but going to answer message for local police, ill add i wasnt on foot as i was passenger in back of car….phoned lbs to let them no, and ill email gonetohills now

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks for the email earlier Oscillate – I got onto the ‘owner’ of the bike only a few minutes after you’d contacted me and though he was in Manchester at the time, he was going to try to contact the local police.

The good news at least is that the bike’s still in the general area, so he’s still got a fighting chance of getting it back. I’ll keep you posted but thanks a million for your efforts – top stuff. Weirdly, I was in the bike shop only about an hour before you must have emailed. My eyes are always on stalks when I drive through the town, so thank you for doing the same mate. 😀

geologist
    Free Member

Project – I never thought of that, great tip cheers 🙂 Ive just ordered 3. 🙂

project
    Free Member

Geologist also works well when left at cycle races if youre camping,and fix thread to part of tent,so if somebody moves the bike the alarm goes off.You can also use them on a tent zip, just remember to disarm it before opening zip.

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

PHONE CONGLETON STATION NOW AS THE BIKE AND THE SCROTE ARE THERE NOW.

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

Could Mods keep this at the top of the page.

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

That’s Congleton police station.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Possible good result here?!? Local dibble are pretty good on bike theft

brakes
    Free Member

emailed OP

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

have rung owner, – hes ringing police station now!

fingers crossed!

stumpy01

All possible appendages crossed!

brakes
    Free Member

I’m on the way to the police station now, check youtube for a live stream of events.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Hopfully they fell down the stairs during the arrest and while trying to stop them fall the offices accidently fell on top of them

sobriety
    Free Member

Or walked into a door frame, funny gravity in police stations I hear.

Scarcat67
    Free Member

Laughingontheinside its my friend who had his bike nicked…where did you see this scrote as I also live in congleton and at what time ? Any update ….

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Guys – thanks! I’ll post an update as soon as I’ve heard more. Everything crossed here too…

mrchrispy

well this is jolly exciting isn’t it?

jd-boy
    Free Member

Dont trust those locks on Thule racks they are a POS, big cable lock around roof bars etc if you can. I know of at least 10 people had there bikes lifted from locked Thule racks. the Thule were you take the front wheel out and lock the forks in are better but not theft proof but the schum would have to find a front wheel. 🙁

bradley
    Free Member

well this is jolly exciting isn’t it?

Most fun I’ve had in a long while!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

He’s in the police station right now. He’s got everything crossed as there’s a bike through some frosted glass, but he can’t tell if it’s his or not! Sounds like he’s going through the mill a bit, but at least there’s some chance. More later.

tonyg2003

I hope that you get it back – good idea to check the local bike shops.

It reminds me of being at my friends bike shop when he was telling me about his ‘Dale getting stolen from his mums house the previous day. As we were talking and ranting about said thieving scum, he said “Don’t turn round but someone has just wheeled my bike in”. We cornered the scrote in the workshop and called the police. The funny bit was that the scrote had brought the bike in since the brakes weren’t working – bike shop owner bikes!

scranwood
    Free Member

***UPDATE***

Biking community 1 – Complete and utter scrote 0

It brings me great pleasure that this is my first ever post on any kind of internet forum ever (you will no doubt see me on here a lot more!), but I just wanted to say thank-you SO much to everyone that has been posting on here and keeping an eye open for my bike. My bike is now back where she belongs and I am gonna give her a thrashing within an inch of her life at the weekend to celebrate! There is absolutely no way I would have ever seen my bike again if it wasnt for everyone on here posting and looking out for it. In particular I want to thank my mate DJ for posting this thread, Dave for ressurecting it and getting in touch to say he had seen it last weekend and whomever it was that went into the police station today to report they’d seen it (Doesnt this sound like an Oscar acceptance speech or something!?!),anyway big love and happy riding!

Neil

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

Glad to hear you have your bike back. I won’t go into details on here regarding what happened earlier today other than to say that the local police and PCSO’s were brilliant.

scranwood
    Free Member

Laughing on the inside, I presume it was you that went into the station today? Thanks very much! The PC is going to ring you and ask if you are happy for her to give me your phone number. I just wanted to give you a call and thank you personally for your help. Thanks for not going into details on here, I dont know if it would have any potential consequences with getting a conviction etc…
    I will keep you updated

laughingontheinside
    Free Member

Scranwood, no problem. Theft of anything boils my piss. It will be interesting to see what happens next but I don’t think a forum would be the right place to discuss it. I look forward to your call. Glad the bike is where it belongs.

scranwood
    Free Member

Yeah totally agree about discussing outcome on here. I meant by call/text. Will keep you in on the loop once the PC passes on your details. Cheers again!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Boom.

wwaswas

Great result 🙂

colin1265
    Free Member

Is there a head on a stick we can come and see ?

duckman

Sometimes, just sometimes…I love this place.

racefaceec90

fantastic news (just read this thread 😀

let 50,000 rabid pommeranian’s attack the thief’s dingleberry’s 😆

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay in posting after this afternoon’s events – but you’ve had the ‘thank you’ from the horse’s mouth (scranwood) up ^^ there. I’ve spoken with him too and I know how touched he is about the support he’s received.

So here’s my tuppence worth…

Thank you. It makes you feel good about the good people. For me to just post up a plea to help out a mate and for so many people to not only offer to help, but to actually help, still be thinking about it three weeks down the line and then deliver such an amazing result is, well, pretty awesome really.

May the karma delivery squad be on your tail. 🙂 Happy, happy trails.

Speshpaul

Cool, top work chaps:-)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Stumpjumper stolen from roofrack. Could you keep 'em peeled please?’ is closed to new replies.