Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Specialized Stumpjumper Expert EVO Carbon 29er
  • rhysw
    Free Member

I have the 2014 expert carbon evo 29er and can honestly say it’s one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden.
    It climbs really well and comes down very fast.
    I changed the bar and stem, and that’s it. The wheels are surprisingly strong and nice and light.
    I’m using the bike for everything. Uplift days In Bike Park Wales, 80km marathons, local DH and my trip to Molini in May.
    I enjoy riding this so much I’m thinking of selling my 2011 enduro expert (which I never thought I’d get rid of).
    I had the enduro 29er as a test bike but I prefered the stumpy.
    You won’t be disappointed if you get one, just make sure it’s the Evo model

toons
    Free Member

1+ That’s exactly my feeling towards the bike 🙂

Why did you prefer the stumpy to the Enduro and was it the latest Enduro with the shorter chain stays?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

sorry toons totally forgot about this somehow 😆

ive emailed bikescene, offered me a great price i must say! thanks for the heads up, just got to decide the best way to go now :/

rhysw
    Free Member

It was the enduro expert evo 29er 2014. It’s also a great bike but I felt the BB had been pushed forward to accommodate the bike wheels and short chain stays and this effected the handling slightly.
    Also I didn’t feel I needed all that bike when the stumpy does everything I need it to do.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers rhysw, cheers for the write up, yep defo the enduro would be too much for me, i need it to do everything and i like climbing too much to have a 160mm bike

any obligitory pics of the stumpy stealth black one in real life action?

rhysw
    Free Member

I’m not sure how to put pics on here, it never works for me.
    There’s a few on my instergram is you want to take a look,
    Rhys Wheeler

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If the Stumpy had the Enduro’s numbers but Stumpy travel, I’d have been all over it like a rash, but I’m quite particular in what I like.

Hell, my Enduro is now a 66.5 head angle because I felt it could be better (for me) if it was a bit slacker.

As I said before though, if I didn’t race quite as much as I do, I’d have gone for the Stumpy and played around with it instead.

toons
    Free Member

Here you go rhysw

rhysw
    Free Member

Cheers Toons. I put another one on there yesterday. Slightly different weather than the picture above.
    I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either bike you choose. There both great fun to ride

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Stumpjumper Expert EVO Carbon 29er’ is closed to new replies.