Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized Storm Control
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Planning on removing my Maxxis Advantage and putting the above on for winter. Main riding is forest tracks the odd muddy field and a small (1mile) amount of road. Any good for front and rear. Size 26 inch.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I love these, they’re my default front tyre on my xc 26er full suss and I will certainly be fitting one to the rear for gloopy duties. I’ve yet to read a bad review.

brassneck

They work well as mud tyres, but you might be better off with something toothy and less mud specific with that combo. I didn’t read the small print on the SPAM Winter Challenge (actually I knew perfectly well but was too lazy to swap em) and did nigh on 30 miles of fire roads on them .. not a pretty sight. On the muddy climbs where they’d have worked was a queue of people carrying CX bikes 🙂

jimjam
    Free Member

It’s a good tyre but I don’t fancy running one front and rear unless you regularly trudge through deep mud for long, long loooong periods. Something like a maxxis beaver on the rear would compliment it well.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say it’s muddy the riding. Apart from one extremely muddy field and the Maxxis Advantage are awful on it. Much better dry tyre.

So really after a wet weather, but of mud and wet root tyre for winter duties front option and rear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Storm Control’ is closed to new replies.