Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Shoes
  • mikey74
    Free Member

More specifically, the ones with the twisty wire closing thingy: How durable is the closing mechanism? I’d like to know if I need to pick up spares.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Best shoes I’ve ridden for the price

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

They are really reliable, I’ve used them for years and only replaced 1. They are carried as spare parts at most Specialized dealers and if push comes to shove you can order replacements from Boa who are the manufacturers.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, Boa do a lifetime guarantee on their dials. If you give them a call they’ll send out replacements (warranty page).

Resisted the Boa’s for a while but now I have a couple of pairs with them on and I really like them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Both Boa and Spesh have well earned reputations for service and back up as well.

I like mine, no problems yet.

tenfoot

I have a pair of Defrosters. The Boas have failed on each boot. Sounds like I need to contact Boa.

sandwicheater

Had a couple of pairs of Spesh shoes. Not the boas system but have been faultless and lasted and lasted and lasted.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks. I’m already a Spesh shoe convert and I have been for years; it’s just the Boas system I’m concerned with, although it sounds like it’s a pretty good system.

benji
    Free Member

Got two pairs of the comps, they are going into there third season and a pair of defrosters, great shoes, no issues with the boa system on any of them. For me it was about the arch support from the body geometry insoles, made a big difference to comfort for me, but I’ve got silly feet and having the same soles on all shoes made it a non-brainer for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Shoes’ is closed to new replies.