Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized S-Works FACT carbon crankset
  • consultant1
    Free Member

Hey up fellas

Im gonna ask probably a stupid question but here goes:

How much do I sell this crankset for its almost brand spanking only a few rides the last month, but I really want to just get a dura ace 11 speed crankset and as this came with my Tarmac I cant complain, so like I say how much should it fetch any clues?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Worthless I offer £10 lol

From memory about 400-500 hundred new depending on which spider and rings if its the current sworks one
    They are very light and the hirth joint works well , made by lightening I think

But never seem to fetch a lot when you see them in eBay
    Sorry not much use

bol

Got to be worth a tenner of anyone’s money.

Have a look at eBay prices as a guide, and/or sram red used prices. I’d pay £250 for it unused or £150 lightly used, but then I’m tight.

DanW
    Free Member

I think they were only around £300 new (this was the MTB 2×10 though which I was looking at…) which is a bargain for the weight/ design. As bol says £200-£250 completely unused is fairly reasonable as a seller but as a buyer I wouldn’t pay more than £150.

crazybaboon

If you signed them then I’d reckon they’ll be priceless!

orangeboy
    Free Member

http://m.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/s-works-carbon-road-crank-arm-ec037153

That’s £400 for just the arms. The spider and or rings are separate

Wow

DanW
    Free Member

£400 is the RRP for arms only. They can be had for £350 with a quick search and the Specialized Concept store were selling them even cheaper when I looked a couple of months ago… maybe they were selling off an older style? Still pretty cheap considering the weight. Nevertheless, it is only worth what someone will pay and I wouldn’t expect more than around £150-£200 based on ebay sales. It might also be worth putting them up for sale on forums like Weightweenies where the weight and relative nicheness might be appreciated more

flange
    Free Member

I’ll give you £150 for them

njee20
    Free Member

Weightweenies forum is a good shout – I’ve sold loads of slightly odd niche kit there, post to Europe and put a price in Euros and you can exploit the 300kg Euros with their 2lb road bikes!

And yes, they are made by Lightning.

flange
    Free Member

Off topic – Nick, fancy a ride Sunday?

njee20
    Free Member

Off topic – Nick, fancy a ride Sunday?

Doing that Black Park night race tomorrow night, doing the boyfriend thing Sunday! Next weekend? Probably be the road if that would suit?

dharmstrong
    Free Member

If you get the DA cranks you will need to use the specialized expansion cups to widen the BB area. They WILL creak. I went for the praxis works BB conversion kit on my roubaix to fit my DA cranks (same BB as the tarmac) result is no creaking.

flange
    Free Member

The problem (even though I put a cheeky bid on them) is that they’re Speccy cranks, so whoever buys them is probably going to have to have a Tarmac or Roubaix. Roadies tend to be a bit brand loyal so you’re probably not going to see these fitted to the standard Cervelo/trek/carbon flashness. So a smaller group to see it to, probaby the majority of which already have these cranks.

Njee – sounds like plan mate. Road sounds a better bet anyway – trails are grim at the moment. I just need to buy ANOTHER pressfit bb (that’ll be five in 3 months)..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized S-Works FACT carbon crankset’ is closed to new replies.