Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized Ruby vs Trek Domaine – which 'suspension' works best ?
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Mrs flap_jack wants a road bike for long day rides.

For comfort, any views on which is the best system ? Zertz or IsoSpeed ? Or are they both snake-oil ?

In fact, is the whole female bike idea just male bikes in smaller sizes and flower decals ?

Thanks

tomhoward

Haven’t tried the Roubaix, but the Domane certainly isn’t snake oil, it’s by far the most comfortable road bike I’ve ridden, and you can actually see the system working. The Only reason I don’t have one is I got a great deal on a madone!

atlaz
    Free Member

Someone on here said the domane was too bouncy. I’d recommend riding them both, it’s not like UK roads are super smooth after all so I can’t imagine it’d be too hard to find something bumpy

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

also look at the cannondale synapse…

peteimpreza

TurnerGuy beat me too it!

GJP
    Free Member

Very happy with my Domane, but I have never ridden a Roubaix. I would not describe it as bouncy. I also have a Madone which is more “positive”. Horses for courses etc..

rOcKeTdOg

my 100 mile review of the Domane http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/trek-domane-40.html never ridden a roubaix though so won’t comment on that

flap_jack
    Free Member

Hmm, stuff on the internet suggests the Ruby is more stable. That will probably be the clincher (together with it being more pink !)

rOcKeTdOg

stable as in slower handling?

flap_jack
    Free Member

RD, your review was most interesting. Did you like the Tiagra levers ? I couldn’t tell from the review.

To answer the question, stable as in less jittery front end over rougher terrain, down hills etc. More ‘on rails’ rather than ‘flickable’. That probably equates to slower handling.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Ruby vs Trek Domaine – which 'suspension' works best ?’ is closed to new replies.