Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized Roval142+
  • alanwales
    Free Member

Hi
    I’ve got a 2017 Epic which has 142+ rear hubs. Apparently normal 142 hubs fit the frame, but I’ll have to adjust the derailleur.
    Anybody know if the 2mm difference in cassette alignment, with a normal 142 hub, adversely affects the chain line too much?? Or am I worrying over nothing?? It’s a 1×11 SRAM.
    Or, anyone with a good Roval rear wheel they’d like to sell. 142+ hub.
    Cheers.

Tracey

We swap and change wheels, depending on where we are riding, between Roval 142+ and 142 Hope and Roval boost and Hope with no problems. Never adjusted the rear mech and cant see any difference in chain line.

alanwales
    Free Member

Thanks for quick reply Tracey.
    Is that the 135 Hope hub, with the 142 end caps?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

They are Pro2 Evo hubs that came set up as 142, the boost hubs are Pro4

djtom
    Free Member

You may find that you need to adjust the rear mech end stops and cable tension if you swap between 142+ and 142, I certainly do. Not sure how Tracey manages without – held up side by side, the cassettes are definitely in different places! Both work fine once adjusted though, chainline seems fine running 1×11 in both cases.

If you do decide you want to go the 142+ route then I’ve got a pair of Roval 142+ wheels going spare. Near spotless, removed from a new bike after a couple of rides. Might be prepared to split if needed. Email in profile if interested.

Tracey

Must be luck then but never had to do it

hooli

Must be luck then but never had to do it

Me neither and I have 2 sets of 142 x 12 wheels

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Had to adjust my mech slightly when going from Rovals to Nobl’s.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Roval142+’ is closed to new replies.