Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized Roval wheels any issues?
  • Wookster

Any one got these and having issues? MBTR has lots of issues which is making me a bit worried for over here! It’s the dt Swiss hubs I have on the way.

chrisw113
    Free Member

Hello Wookster
    I have a set of Roval EL and they have been best set of wheels I have had so far. I must admit they have Roval hubs too. They spin forever and don’t have that horrible loud freehub clicking noise. I have 2 friends with roval wheels also and no problems with those either.. Hope this helps

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got some Control SLs, and they’re not bad, not worth £700 though IMO. They’re decent enough wheels, but in most circumstances a custom built set would be lighter/cheaper/tougher etc.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just out of interest, have you bought roval wheels or DT Swiss? Are they new or 2nd hand? If you bought Roval wheels, but knew they where basically DT Swiss rebranded, why didn’t you buy DT Swiss?
    I’m just curious, I’m looking at buying a new wheelset at the mo.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Love my roval traverse wheels light ish and strong but they were only £400 when I got them

bol

Love my traversees and my paves. Lifetime warrantee helps too.

Northwind

I’ve got a set of older Traversees- so I think the same as the expensive ones now- and they’ve been great. I did manage to break a spoke and knock the rear out of true, but only by going down the fort william dh course, everything else they’ve been fine for. Only criticism really is that the outer bearings aren’t well sealed, the brake-side one has only the bearing seal itself protecting it which isn’t great. But it’s easy to replace so no huge issue. Very pleased with mine.

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Got a set of SLs race wheels,light as you like but eat bearings like you wouldn’t believe went throught two sets last year.

OK they did Bristol 12, OSMM 24, twentyfour12 12,most of the BMBS and the south west XC series so had heavy use.

Now been on Ebay, and bought loads of bearings so I can replace them myself.

Great set of wheels but in hindsight not the best set lb for £.

Wookster

Thanks all nana they are on my new bike so just asking Qs mbtr have a few posts with issues so thought I’d ask.

heihei

Got a set of the older ones. Not the stiffest out there but like them a lot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Roval wheels any issues?’ is closed to new replies.