Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Specialized Rime Sizing
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Any Rime owners know how the sizing compares to other Spesh shoes?

I have an old pair of MTB Comps in a 45 which are a perfect fit, but tried a Tahoe Sport on in a 45 and the front was far too small and tight! My 45s actually say UK11 too (fews years old!) And usually a 10!

LBS doesn’t do the Rimes so its an internet order but don’t know if the sizing is good!

jonnyrockymountain

I’am a 43 in shimano and 42 in specialized, my rimes are narrower than my defrosters, so thick socks in defrosters
    If this helps any?

peteimpreza

I am 45 in all Specialized shoes including my new Rimes.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Excellent thank you – probably take the risk on the order then thanks!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Have been eyeing up these too as a cx shoe

smurfly13
    Free Member

Fingers crossed it was the right decision – just ordered 😀

akira

You getting last year’s ones in the sales, available for sixty quid and better than the newer ones.

iainc

I have last years ones. Size 45, same as my other Spesh stuff, which includes mtb, road and defrosters. All fit same and well.

MSP

You getting last year’s ones in the sales, available for sixty quid and better than the newer ones

Are they? I have last years, and I would say the boa is an unnecessary faff, replacing it with a velcro strap while looking like a downgrade is actually an improvement IMO.

akira

Always found boa to give a nicer fit than Velcro. Plus older ones are prettier.

easygirl

Just sent mine back, they were a lot tighter around the toe than my other Spesh shoes
    Good luck with yours

smurfly13
    Free Member

Ordered the older ones with the Boa fit – £59.99 from Cyclestore. Preferred the look and design of them compared to the new ones.

Taken the risk with sizing – can always return!!

MSP

Has anyone tried the 2f0 clip? would be interested to hear how they compare to the rime.

devash
    Free Member

The reason why the new ones got rid of the Boa dial is that apparently a lot were failing, requiring the wearer to cut themselves out of the shoe.

clubby

Old rimes here, pretty standard in their sizing.
    Boa on first pair was jammed when I got them, but they were the size on display and had probably been played with a lot. Second pair been faultless for 18 months.

smurfly13
    Free Member

They arrived and sizing is ideal for anyone else looking!

Ultra comfy as well!!

Sundayjumper

FWIW, if the Boas get jammed, they’re very easy to open up and untangle. The mechanism very simple.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Ah, good to know cheers

peteimpreza

Also BOA give a lifetime warranty to their products direct to the end user.

Go to their website to request postage free replacements.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Rime Sizing’ is closed to new replies.