Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Rime Shoes
  • Hi, does anyone have experience of using these shoes with Egg Beater pedals (or just generally)?

I was wondering how stiff they are given the relatively small contact area on Egg Beaters and was wondering if you would start to feel something on your foot after a day long ride?

Otherwise they sound like good shoes with descent grip to cover hike a bike sections.

steezysix
    Free Member

Don’t know about the Eggbeaters, but I’ve used them on day long road rides with Shimano M-520 pedals (no cage) and they’ve been great. Also used them with DX spd for off road stuff. As long as they fit you well, they’re well worth the money!

duner
    Free Member

I was going to buy some, then someone pointed out the sole is the same as the £80 Tahoe sport, so the same grip and stiffness. £60 for a Boa seems a bit steep. The newer Specialized sport MTB shoes have a more grippy sole than the old hard plastic ones, probably stiffer than a Tahoe/rime too, and cheaper.

rOcKeTdOg

Very comfy shoes, stiff enough to pedal but also flexible enough to walk about in, use off road and on with non platform pedals. I’d buy again without hesitation

MSP

I was going to buy some, then someone pointed out the sole is the same as the £80 Tahoe sport, so the same grip and stiffness. £60 for a Boa seems a bit steep.

They have the same outsole but not the same sole, the tahoe sport is rated 3 (specialized stiffness index), while the rime is rated 7.

I do find the boa a bit unnecessary on that shoe, it is a shame they don’t do a cheaper non boa version. A sofshell version would also be good for more wintery conditions also.

Burts
    Free Member

How do you find them for road-use e.g. 1hr commutes and occasional 2-3hr road rides. I’ve checked them out in the LBS and they look as if they might be much warmer & sweaty than my old Spec MTB Comp shoes?

They look ideal for my off-road riding and don’t have the budget for a 2nd pair of shoes for the road.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Rime Shoes’ is closed to new replies.