Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized Pitch comp components swap advice
  • weazlepopper
    Free Member

Evening, new here..

Just got a specialized pitch comp and am wondering what components to swap out for my existing pieces. I currently have a custom build Charge blender.

Pitch comes with Custom RockShox Sektor TK, Turn Key damper, coil spring, alloy steerer, reb adj., 20mm Maxle Lite axle, 150mm travel

Is my 140mm Pike 454 dual air a better fork? Feels a lot more solid but that might just be the age?

Pitch comes with Custom Avid Elixir 3 R SL brakes

but i just got new Shimano SLX levers / calipers which seem pretty good so was thinking i should put these on?

Also I have a set of superstar AM wheels which seem to be really good. Reckon these will be better than the stock:

Specialized Hi Lo disc, laser-etched logo, double sealed cartridge bearing, QR, 32h
    Front Hub
    Specialized Hi Lo disc, laser-etched logo, sealed cartridge bearing, 20mm thru-axle, 32h
    Spokes
    1.8mm (15g) stainless
    Rims
    Pitch disc-specific, pin joint, eyelets, 26mm, 32h

I’ll probably put my truative husslefet stem and bars on too, maybe I’ll weight them first…

Also just ordered a widget 28t chainring and bashguard so may go 1×9

opinions welcome…

Rosss
    Free Member

I’d deffinately be changing the brakes and wheels however I’ve heard great things from both the pikes and sektors, i’ve rode neither so i’ll leave that for someone else to say.

wolly
    Free Member

Had my pitch less than a month only ridden 4/5 times so far nothing I want to change, maybe just shiny bits here and there but only astheticly.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Mines a 2008 model Pitch Pro and i’ve changed:

The wheels for Hope Pro3 SP-AM4s

The seat for Gusset Series R (comfy as and only cost £18)

The brakes for Avid Elixir Rs

The Coil Pikes for Solo Air Sektors

The headset for Hope headset (when i changed forks)

The bars for Nukeproof Warhead 760 (cut down to 730)

The stem for ON-One Ultralight cnc (60mm)

Grips for Superstar lock-ons

Big-ring for a bashguard and LH front shifter for a SRAM x7 (simply cos cable needed replacing and i got the X7 shifter for £10.99 brand new with cable!)

It’s now a serious AM all round multi-tool of a bike and wouldn’t change or swap it for owt else. It weighs approx 28lbs so can be ridden all day but seriously on fast techy-singletrack and rough descents it’s a monster and all for under 2 grand;)

Hope this helps btw

tomaso
    Free Member

I think the Pikes and SLX brakes would be a good swap. I changed my wheels when the bearings went and have kept them as spares – but I did find them a bit twangy when hitting rocks.

I keep pondering a change but at 18 months the only thing that needs improving on it is me :mrgreen:

stevepitch
    Free Member

Great bike cant go wrong with it even in its stock form but –

Change the rear shock the ario is naff, RP23 standard can works a treat.

The Sektors are pretty good to be fair, might want to get hold of the motion control damper to add a bit of control, saying that ive just upgraded to Revs.

1 x 10 for me, no issues havent yet needed to get off and walk (running a 32 tooth upfront).

I reckon I’ll swap out the wheels next for some pro 2 & Arch/Flows followed by the brakes.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve got three sets of Pikes and a set of Revelations. IMHO, you’re much better off sticking the Pikes up front on the Pitch. The Pikes are heavier but considerably stiffer and the Motion Control damping is better than the Turnkey system in the Sektors (which share the same chassis as the Revelation, btw).

You can’t go wrong with SLX brakes, so chucking those on is a good plan too.

Otherwise, I’d also consider changing the shock when you can to either a Fox Float or a Rockshox Monarch and maybe fit some SLX cranks too.

xiphon
    Free Member

Kept snapping my Pitch ’08. Nice bike to ride, but unfortunately not strong enough for my gnarr riding style.

weazlepopper
    Free Member

cheers for the replies. Rode the pitch at the weekend and it was a lot of fun. Think i will try the pikes as they felt a lot nicer (dont know how to describe) than these sectors and hopefully I can sell the sektors for £200 as they’ve only been used once and i need to pay off this bike!

Hpoefully the 140mm wont feel that different from 150mm. I guess it might even make it a bit easier in tight corners.

Can feel that the rear shock would benefit from an upgrade but reckon I’ll spend the cash on a dropper post before I sort that.

The pitch climbs much easier than my Charge Blender, flys up comparatively.

kudos100
    Free Member

Performance wise, the only thing I would change is wheels, stem and bars. If you have forks and brakes already, might as well stick them on also.

Edit: Have just realised its a comp. Change the shock first.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Pitch comp components swap advice’ is closed to new replies.