• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized Langster
  • RealMan
    Free Member

For £200? the 08 model, one year old.

Think thats a good price?

Is it a good bike?

Bez

The 08 is the green one, isn’t it? That’s the one I’ve got. FANTASTIC bike, and that’s the best looking version they did IMO. The wheels needed a rebuild out of the box and I don’t trust Shimano freewheels so I put a WI on mine, but other than that I can’t fault it, especially for the money. Rides as nicely as my geared road bike that cost nearly three times as much. If it’s in good nick for £200 bite someone’s arm off.

RealMan
    Free Member

Uhh I mean this one.. but still, sounds good.

Actually looks blue from here.. But looking at the url of picture it says 08LangsterGreen?

Hornet600
    Free Member

If you don’t buy it, tell me where it is so I can!

RealMan
    Free Member

Its a size 54, which I think is right for me, I’m about 5″6, 5″7.

I’m very very very tempted by this, so dont get your hopes up..

baldSpot
    Free Member

54 would be too big for you IMO.

finbar
    Free Member

Actually if you’re 5’6″ a 52 would probably be better.

barca
    Free Member

I have the Langster Monocco. The freewheel is crap and I swapped the cross top brakes for drop brakes. Other than that, It’s great.
    I’m 5’9″ and I have the 54cm. It’s just short enough. Any longer and it would be too big. I don’t fancy your chances of getting comfy on a 54cm if you’re 5’7″.

RealMan
    Free Member

Well my normal road bike at the moment is a 56, and although I know its too big for me, I’ve put a lot of miles into it, and got used to that sort of sizing.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I had the ’07 model (loads better looking with skulls on the downtube). Really enjoyed riding it and got me into buying a proper road bike. £200 is a decent price, but don’t buy it unless it’s definitely the right size.

Enjoy.

RealMan
    Free Member
    mrchrispy

im thinking about getting one of these when my cycle to work money comes through, the change will go on a boss set of wheels for my road bike 🙂

Bez

Blue? It’s green on the bike and it’s green in that picture – either you’re colourblind or I’d spend the £200 on a new monitor instead.

But yeah, that’s the one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Langster’ is closed to new replies.