Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized Hotrock
  • FB-ATB

Hi
    Has anyone got any experience of the Hotrock 12 kids bike? Our 4yo daughter is getting ready to move from her balance bike.
    An Islabike is under consideration, but we have seen a second hand Hotrock for sale locally at a bargain price so would welcome anyone’s comments on these bikes.

Thanks

Neil

andysredmini
    Free Member

My 2 year old has a hotrock. Its a fantastic quality little bike that doesn’t weigh a tonne. We looked at various other bikes and decided on the hotrock, luckily we found a new boxed un-built one on a classified ad for less than half the price of new.
    Not sure it will fit her when she is 4 though but she is very tall for her age. It looks the right size for her now.
    I read a couple of comments about the brake lever being too big but there is an adjustment screw than brings the lever closer into the bars for small hands.

Andy

FB-ATB

Thanks for the info. I think she is between the Hotrock sizes.

The Hotrock 12 is listed for 2-4 and 85cm to 100cm height.

She’s tall for her age, 105cm, so just above the limit on the Hotrock 12 but under the limit for the Hotrock 16 (which is listed for ages 5-7 and height from 110cm).

As she won’t be 4 til next week, we’ll go by the age guide!

As the bike is only £20 it’s probably worth the gamble, especially if it will get a few knocks as she moves from balance to pedal bike.

Neil

stufive
    Free Member

My little en has one too she loves it weve recently taken off the stabalisers and shes going great, shes also four
    the only thing im not that kean on is the pedal back brake but she soon got used to it
    http://youtu.be/i7cqTyxGfsE

shotsaway
    Free Member

I would suspect that the 12″ Hotrock will be too small for your daughter. My daughter got one for her 3rd birthday but by the time she was 4 and a half, it looked like a clowns bike and her knees were all over the place. My daughter isn’t tall for her age (5 last week and 110cm) but we bought her a 20″ Benin Small to replace the Hotrock.

However if the Hotrock is cheap enough, it might be worth a punt as you could always sell it on again in 6 months/1 year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Hotrock’ is closed to new replies.