Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized headset removal – confused?
  • sleigh62
    Free Member

Can anyone help?

I need to replace the headset on a Specialized Tarmac Comp that I’ve recently bought but I’ve never seen anything like this.
    Does anyone know which part of the bits that are on the fork need to be removed?
    I’ve looked on line but can find any info.

BoardinBob

from the pics it looks as though you’ve already got the headset cups out of the frame but the cups are on the fork steerer 😯

otsdr
    Free Member

A bit small to be a cup, can you take a picture of the inside of the headtube? I see on older Crux models the IS cup is recessed quite a bit, but I don’t see a 46 degree on what looks like the bearing on your fork…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

Err, it looks like there’s something missing. The outer diameter of what’s left on your steerer looks much smaller than the inner diameter of the steerer tube. Who did you buy it off and have you asked them if there had been any previous work done in this area? That photo of the Crux above might indicate there’s something further up though.

simondbarnes

Is there a bearing still inside the headtube? You generally just need to replace this. The bit on the fork in the pic is a crown race and a seal by the looks of things.

sleigh62
    Free Member

Thanks all
    Looks like there was part of the headset still inside the headtube like you said.
    New one ordered from Hargroves so should be sorted soon.

Thanks for the advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized headset removal – confused?’ is closed to new replies.