Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized freebody removal??
  • olly2097
    Free Member

Hi, friend has a set of specialized P3 disc Alex rims off a big hit 2010. Sealed bearings, 10mm axle. specialized branded hub which I believe has a joytech freebody. Can get a replacement online.

The freebody is wobbly. We can remove the cassette but I’m dammedif I can get freebody off the hub. Looking through the hollow axle there is no slots that will catch an Allen key to undo the thing. Not either end or in the middle. It’s perfectly round and smooth.

Any ideas?

shedfull
    Free Member

There’ll be a bolt inside the hub that can be turned with an 11 or 12mm allen key. It’s a standard thread but you’ll probably need a big lever (old handlebar?) on the end of the allen key to turn it.

olly2097
    Free Member

Inside the axle? It’s completely round? or I’m I being dumb!

swanny853

I had a commencxal branded joytech hub with the same problem (albeit 12mm). Freehub looked like this.

The retaining bolt collar had snapped, hence the wobble. You had to undo it from the disc side, after removing the disc side bearing, which is a bit of a pain. Apparently this is not an uncommon problem. In the end I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle of fixing, which is unusual for me

orangeboy
    Free Member

Have you removed the axle yet. This will need to come off first

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized freebody removal??’ is closed to new replies.