Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Fast Track
  • littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Has anyone been running the fast track tyre on the front? Is it any good for long distance work / endurance racing? Does it have any kind of grip or will I been struggling on anything other than fireroad?

Comments/advice will be much appreciated!

Ta 🙂

devash
    Free Member

You can run them on the front. Its a surprisingly capable dry to damp weather tyre but better on the rear in the wet and absolutely useless front and back in the mud.

Does it have any kind of grip or will I been struggling on anything other than fireroad?

Depends how good a rider you are. For technical / trail riding, when it lets go on the back it lets go progressively and is easy to recover. For me personally, I’d only run one on the front for XC miles (fireroads, long road linkups and green lanes).

mattyfez

My mate has them front and rear as that’s what his bike came with.

He’s not complained about them, but they are obviously a small block light xc type tyre, maybe akin to a ralph or a conti race king.

Seems fine with stuff that’s more than xc but you may have to bear in mind the style of tyre it is.

Should be fine for long distance as long as it’s not too knarrly.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rockape63
    Free Member

Did the South Downs Way on Fast tracks and really liked them as fast lightweight XC tyres. Not ideal for twisty muddy trails, though.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Thanks folks, that’s useful info.

I’ve read somewhere that the Fast Traks run slower than the Racing Ralphs, but the RRs are pretty hard to get hold of atm, and the price of the Fast Traks is pretty appealing.

I might take a punt at them. I have some mud tyres if it all gets sloppy 🙂

stumpy01

I’ve used Fast Traks that I nicked from my Wife’s Spesh Myka, when I put more road oriented tyres on that (Spesh Hemispheres).

I found the Fast Traks are pretty good on forest trails/rock, but not so good on wet mud (to be expected) and useless on the front for gravelly hardpack, unless it’s really fine gravel/dust.

On hardpack with a gravelly top layer the front will just wash-out.

I took the Fast Trak off the front of my bike & replaced it with a Mountain King.

It seems to work well as a rear tyre unless there’s a lot of mud around.

richardthird

Fine on the rear, but so is the Renegade (also cheap, used both), but I’d have a Ground Control on the front. 2.1 is quite light rolls nicely but has some grip too. Both Ren and GC size up & down respectively to 2.0″

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Fast Track’ is closed to new replies.