Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Enduro sale/insurance value???
  • Jetboydc
    Free Member

I have an old 2002 Specialized FSR Enduro pro that I need to get either insured or sell. I don't use it much now due to kids taking up ALL my time and it's just stuck in storage most of the year. It's in OK nick, quite battered – it has been well used, the forks squelch a bit but everything works fine. I was wondering if you guys could let me know a ball park figure to ask for if I have to sell it (new house soon…) Also, how much should I insure it for if I keep it? If I can get it insured, that is. it seems all companies need it fixed to something immovable in a shed with bank of england grade locks and armed guards and dogs patrolling the perimeter 24/7 before they'll touch it. Any good insurance companies out there? (a bit of a contradicition, i know).

br
    Free Member

why do you need to insure it?

Jetboydc
    Free Member

i have to keep it in an outside building. i need to insure it against theft. it's chained up to a bloody great lawnmower, but that's not classed as immovable by insurance companies. i can't lift it.

pastcaring
    Free Member

£150-£200 max, not worth insuring.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

have you tried M&S needed 2 padlocks on a wooden shed and no need to value anything up to £4k

spooky_b329

Doesn't sound like you'd miss it so no point insuring. But next time you change house insurance, go with M&S and it'll be insured new for old, as will the lawnmower 🙂

Bike specific will cost you around 10% of the bikes value per year and still find a way of not paying out.

Jetboydc
    Free Member

thanks, i thought it would be worth more than £200 thus, the insurance question. i guess i may as well keep it and not worry about it at that value. i love it when i actually get to use it, squelchy forks and all. i might get one of the nippers to clean it over half term…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduro sale/insurance value???’ is closed to new replies.