Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Specialized Enduro comp vs Stumpjumper fsr comp evo
  • specialdrifter
    Free Member

Would be used for:
    Road, xc, fire roads, long uphill off road paths, fast and heavy downhill sections.

Ive tried a 29er this week and as much as I fell the benefit, I still feel the 26 is best…?

So what should I go for?

wiggles
    Free Member

650b stumpy

tpbiker
    Free Member

Stumpy Evo would be my choice out of those 2. I have an Enduro, its brilliant on the downs but far to much bike for 90% of my riding, and hence rarely gets used

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have just moved from an Enduro Evo to a Stumpjumper. So far the stumpy has coped with everything I have thrown at it as well as the enduro did, and it is a lot better for just general riding. OK the enduro was smoother over the bumpy stuff but that’s because of the coil shock that was too bobby when peddling.

The stumpy has pretty much the same build kit as the enduro but with a couple of changes and weighs 6lbs lighter. Overall I would say that while the enduro is a great bike I think it is too much for normal riding and the stumpy is a much better compromise.

nosedive
    Free Member

Either of those bikes will do everything in that list. My enduro quite happily does long xc rides. Question is whether you value the extra downhill prowess enough to drag the extra heft around the rest of the time

charliemort

The stumpy has pretty much the same build kit as the enduro but with a couple of changes and weighs 6lbs lighter. Overall I would say that while the enduro is a great bike I think it is too much for normal riding and the stumpy is a much better compromise.

so the enduro frame is about 6lbs heavier then?

err I don’t think so

pitcherpro
    Free Member

What nosedive said ^
    I have the enduro and my friend has the stumpy evo , yes the stumpy is a tad lighter and pedals better (and i wouldn’t mind one myself) but i still love mine 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

Enduro frame is a pound or so heavier but Iache had an Evo so ithad coil shock and bigger stanchioned coil forks, but all th at can’t be 6 pounds

I_Ache
    Free Member

Evo frame and shock is 3lbs heavier than my stumpy carbon. As I said I have changed a couple of things too. It has different rims and cranks now, I had lyrik dpa on the enduro and still have it on the stumpy. Like I said pretty much the same build.

The enduro evo was 35lbs and the stumpy is 29lbs.

This

Vs

No pics with the new bits yet.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Currently riding an enduro evo, rp23, fox 36 float fit, pro 2s on stands flows, 1×10 etc. weighs in at 31lbs with 2.5 Hans Damps.

Super capable bike, last week was at Antur Stinog riding the track they recently held the BDS on, change of tyres and just knocked out a 35k xc loop. Not the fastest to the top but gets you there.

That said, if you’re after one bike for general xc that’ll take some abuse a well set up stumpy evo is probably the bike for you, the enduro is fantastic but overkill for most general riding – I do find myself reaching for my hardtail more often than not!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduro comp vs Stumpjumper fsr comp evo’ is closed to new replies.