Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Enduro 650b owners… Sizing?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

On my quest for my next bike I’ve shortened the list to a couple, one of which is the 650b Enduro.

I’m 5’11, and used to ride a large in most brands – Giant, Scott, Trek, Ibis, Turner…

Now that sizes have started to become a bit more normal – i.e. I’m average size, so should be on a medium, and bike companies seem to be doing that.

I’m interested to know those who are at my height, and on the cusp of medium or large – what you went with.

I’ll go a get a demo, but as they’re a bit low on larges around the UK, I’d rather not waste my time demo’ing a medium or a large if they’re either too short or too long

The ETT looks spot on on the Large, but the reach is a bit longer than I’m generally used to – but obviously could go down from a 50mm stem to a 40mm stem.

Cheers for the help

Ricks

rickon
    Free Member

Anyone in the evening crowd? 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

You need a large.

I’m about 5’9″ and the medium is too short in the TT so large is better. If I had one I would probably put a 40mm or so stem on though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you can’t get a leg over a medium and a large in a spec enduro there is something wrong with the world 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Can’t bloody find one in Edinburgh! They’re mostly sold out at the moment as the 2016 isn’t released until end of September.

willard

Rutland Cycling have one, but it’s in Cambridgeshire. They might be able to ship it to you.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Can’t help on the 650b, but a mate has an S-Works 29er in large and he’s a nudge under 6′. I’m 6′ and it fit me perfectly (ride a Med Pitch Pro usually).

joefm

I have a large and I’m the same height as you. The medium was tiny. It was smaller than my medium pitch that it replaced! I do run a 50mm stem though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/specialized-enduro-elite-650b-a-quick-review

Same sort of height, but I like the medium in this sort of bike. I prefer having something slammer and chuckable beneath me, and the medium just feels right.

If you can’t get a leg over a medium and a large in a spec enduro there is something wrong with the world

Or, the model years are just changing over, and most people have sold out of last year’s version, and the new one hasn’t been released yet. They do look good, though!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduro 650b owners… Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.