Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • specialized enduro 2011 ish… anyone got one?opinions
  • cazum
    Free Member

have the chance to get one of these wondering how anyone that has one finds it? can you climb on it ok? am not the best climber on my rocky altitude 50 but with the jumps am now hitting i feel i need more travel so i quite like the look if it and its a good price

its a RP23 shock not coil on the rear

any thoughts?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Great bike HORRIBLE fork if it still has its e150/160 specialized own brand on it, I even contacted specialized about set up custom tune and no joy.
    Shop agreed and quoted £600 to fit a 36 float to fix the issue

mrplow
    Free Member

I think it depends what you use it for. I find it more of a mini playful dh bike than a great all rounder. Hard to explain. Mine has a pushed rear shock which has been tuned for a lot of support compared to a normal push tune so it pedals pretty well but not as well as a shorter travel trail bike.

To me the bike feels short overall and can feel like it is falling into holes and slowing down a little compared to other bikes. This shortness which I think is the chain stays is also felt on tech climbs where it is not as good as some other bikes as it gets a little balled up and you have to ride it a bit more carefully to clear stuff.

Where it does come good is techy dh. It turns and manuals very easily and is an absolute hoot. It also feels very very confident on steep stuff.

For uplift days, the alps and the harder natural type riding it is great. For trail centre stuff it is a lot of bike and you have to put the effort in to get the fun out but I still enjoy it but a shorter travel bike will have more zing for less effort. So depends how and what type of riding you do imo.

I do love mine and it has given me some real giggle moments and some of the most confident descents of my life.

cazum
    Free Member

it will have either a x-fusion vengeance or fox 36 forks fitted to it. so the std fork aint a problem

we have been doing ALOT of trail centers lately but localy there are north short with 12ft gap jumps and some mini DH tracks that i have been using more and more hence the thought of needing more travel. as long as i can peddle it up i’ll be happy

cheers for the answers so far anyone else?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘specialized enduro 2011 ish… anyone got one?opinions’ is closed to new replies.