Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Specialized Enduro 2010 headset – Help needed
  • cossyrush
    Free Member

Just bought a 2010 enduro frame, which unfortunately didn’t come with a headset.
    The bearing cups are integrated into the frame.
    Initially I’ll be using non tapered forks which have the hope adaptor fitted to allow for a tapered headset.
    I’m not sure what I need to do to get the headset sorted, as I’m not sure if the bearings are 45/45 deg or 36/45.

I need a 1 1/8 bearing and cap etc for the top and a 1.5 bearing and crown race for the bottom.
    I’ve already got a 1.5 hope crown race which I’d like to use.
    And I have the special Specialized spacer which is needed to lower the bottom bearing in the frame.

I was thinking that this might work.
    Superstar headset

Has anyone been through this, if so what did you do.

nosedive
    Free Member

for the top you need the bearing and top cup only from a 1 1/8 campy style or ‘italian’ headset. i got one from evans that handily had 2 of the bearings in for about £20. for the bottom you need cane creek is52/40 fir a tapered fork or is52/30 for a 1 1/8 straight steerer fork. sorry i cant be more precise about the upper, if you use the cane creek headset finder it should give you a part number. cane creek bottom bearings come with a crown race

nosedive
    Free Member

http://m.evanscycles.com/products/cane-creek/40-series-is42-short-top-headset-ec026962

i think one if these for the top but evans did me a cheaper one. double check though, im no expert

orangeboy
    Free Member

Your local Spesh dealer should have / be able to get a full headset ( top bottom bearings and everything else)
    For about £30

cossyrush
    Free Member

Cheers for the help Nosedive and Orangeboy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduro 2010 headset – Help needed’ is closed to new replies.