Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Enduro
  • twelveski
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of help.
    Has anyone here ever removed the main pivot pin from a 2010 or later Enduro?
    I have removed the bolt and assumed the pin would just push through, but it does not seam to want to move. Am I missing something or do I just need to hit it harder?

tmb467
    Free Member

hit it harder

it will be tight against the inner race of the bearings

I_Ache
    Free Member

Have you removed the shock and everything else that is bolted on to the rear triangle?

twelveski
    Free Member

Everything else connected has been removed, just the pin through the main pivot is still in place. The rest of it came apart very easily and I expected to have to give the pin a bit of help but after a few good whacks I started to worry I was missing something.

tmb467
    Free Member

when you mention the main pivot…is it the shock pivot, the link pivot or the bottom bracket pivot?

I_Ache
    Free Member

If all you have is the chainstays hanging off the bike by the pivot then you will need to support the stays before removing the pivot. The weight of the stays will put load on the pivot pulling it away from the front triangle, this will mean you will have to use more force than normal to remove the pivot and may possibly damage something.

twelveski
    Free Member

Thanks, will try again tonight and support the chainstays to see if that makes a difference. From the replies though I’m guessing that I’m not missing anything it’s just a bit tight.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Enduro’ is closed to new replies.