Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Specialized E150 users
  • timbo678
    Free Member

Hi,

I have a 2008 enduro with E150 forks and the 25mm hub, has anyone replaced the standard wheels with something better and know of anyone else that does a 25mm hub?

Or have you sent your hub off to be built on to something new and who can you recommend?

Thanks

orangeboy
    Free Member

Had a bit of a look round this time last year and found nothing
    Sorry

Stevelol
    Free Member

There’s a old thread on mtbr in spesh forum, there ARE a couple of hubs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amphibian
    Free Member

I think Industry 9 do a hub with adaptors for 25mm but they’re very expensive.

Stevelol
    Free Member

There’s a magura one too iirc tbh if you need new wheels I’d just upgrade the fork and get away from Specialized’s annoying and limiting standards, I did the same after getting tired with the hub issue.

Lifer
    Free Member

I used it as an excuse to learn how to build wheels, so in my case ‘Specialized’s annoying and limiting standards’ set me free.

And is it really a standard when it’s a specific hub on a specific fork?

Stevelol
    Free Member

I don’t think the semantics are important tbh :p

timbo678
    Free Member

Thanks all, I have considered changing the fork, but by the time I have done the fork, stem & wheels may as well buy a new bike really, so thought a change of wheels will keep me going another year or so and then perhaps a new bike next year!

I like the idea of building a new wheel…do I trust myself though!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If the hub is OK, why not have a rebuild into another rim? It’d freshen it up nicely.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as above I9 make some super shiny ones.

However, as others have said, a rebuild on your existing hub, assuming it’s still OK, would be my chosen route.

eshershore
    Free Member

fresh bearings to suit your Stout 25mm hub, and rebuild into a new if needed

front hubs are simple, compared to rear hubs which have freehub mechanisms….

amedias
    Free Member

what’s up with the current wheel?

bearings are cheap, if the rim is trashed then a new one will work just fine. If you like the fork then there’s no reason to change.

timbo678
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with it at all, replaced the bearings not long ago, I just find the wheels to be weak and of poor quality..but they are still mostly round so its a ‘want’ scenario rather than a ‘need’

thanks

moniex
    Free Member

So are you running roval traverse wheels now? We have a few of the “old” e5 traverse sets and found them excellent! they do come with a 25mm convertor.

Simone

timbo678
    Free Member

No they are DT swiss wheels – I will check out the Roval Traverse though, thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Specialized E150 users’ is closed to new replies.