Specialized & DMD Front mech – Adapters needed ?

Home Forum Bike Forum Specialized & DMD Front mech – Adapters needed ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized & DMD Front mech – Adapters needed ?
  • pacerc100

Just trying to fit a Shimano XTR DMD front mech onto an 2011 Epic. Looking at the manual there is 2 small adapters, see image –

Do I need those two pieces as I dont have them ?. What I have done is on the longer bolt (right one in the picture) I have put that through the mech and then with the frame came a washer/spacer which I have put on the back of the mech. Then I bolted the mech to the DMD mount that came with the frame. Is that right ?, I dont want the mech moving around when riding and I guess that’s what those two parts would stop.

Anyone know , I want to go ride the thing !.

pacerc100

Bump – Anyone know the answer ?

renton

I had the same issue with a 2011 pitch. Ideally you do need them as they put the mech in the right place to shift properly on the front chaining. I found the mech would twist slightly on the dmd mount when trying to tighten it up without them.

pacerc100

Thanks Renton. Where did you manage to source them from as I am struggling at the moment to find some.

Premier Icon slowboydickie
    Subscriber

I was told you buy an e type shimano front mech and remove the bracket.

renton

I couldnt find any for the life of me so sold the bike instead !! A bit drastic but it was proper pissing me off !

Premier Icon schnor
    Subscriber

I was told you buy an e type shimano front mech and remove the bracket.

This. IIRC you only need these spacers (which *should* have come with the bike / frame) if it’s a non e-type shimano mech and I think one of the three SRAM S1/S2/S3 variants. I’d imagine adding something like a 5mm nut / spacer either side between the mech and adaptor should work.

[edit]

Found a link over on MTBR which is like your problem, although with a different mech, it has a good photo near the bottom of the page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized & DMD Front mech – Adapters needed ?’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top