Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Specialized Diverge rear hub spacing
  • rhid

hello,

i have a Specialized diverge and was thinking of getting a 2nd set of wheels for it. Probably something a bit lighter than the current ones. However i am not sure what the rear hub spacing is! Does anyone know. Google has not been helpful so far….

Thanks in advance for all your wonderful help.

rhayter

It’s probably 135mm. Why not measure your current set of wheels and double-check it against the distance between your drop outs? As always, Sheldon can help you get the technique right: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-spacing.html

scotroutes

I think it depends on the dropout/mech hanger. Specialized do their own hub spacing but you can buy a replacement to allow the fitment of standard hub widths.

tomhoward

Looks like it’s Spesh’s own ‘SCS’ standard (135×12)

Hope make a hub…http://www.hopetech.com/product/scs-sp24-rear/

rhid

Yeah, I had just come across the SCS issues!

From what I can gather its a 135 SCS which is essentially as standard 135mm hub but the Specialized gear hanger as been adapted somehow to allow this all to fit.

I may just stick with the 1 set of wheels I have as its looking a bit more expensive than i was hoping.

tillydog
    Free Member

Which model (and year) did you get in the end?

Have a look at my post in this thread if it’s the 2016 DSW. You need to change the mech hanger if you want to use a standard 135×12 hub:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/i-want-a-new-bike-and-i-cant-see-anything-past-the

(The photos are still visible if you click on the photobucket notice)

Elsewhere on the internet, people have just machined down the SCS hanger.

RichBowman

I’ve got a spare ‘converter, hanger so you can use normal 135mm spaced hubs on the diverge (had a DSW Elite and then it was stolen).

Should work – I’ve no need for our anymore, so can pop it in the post to you (email in profile).

Loved mine – was great. The SCS spacing and the slightly odd Bottom Bracket spec put me off replacing it with another one.

Cheers,

Rich

RichBowman

Ps. My hanger is for 9mm QR 135mm hubs. R

rhid

Rich – I have dropped you an email.

I went for the 2017 A1 Sport in the end as I got a good deal on it. I really like it!

I think a friend has a set of Mavis disc wheels in the shed so I figure I can try them in the frame and see what issues arise from that before committing to anything more!

tillydog
    Free Member

I *think* that the A1 has standard (non SCS) hubs.

(I also *think* that the 2017 Elite DSW are non SCS hubs)

RichBowman

Hi there,

Emailed back. Good choice in bikes. They’re really very good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Diverge rear hub spacing’ is closed to new replies.