• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld vs Roubaix SL4
  • Kuco

Looking at replacing my Cannondale supersix with something a bit more relaxed and like the look of these, obviously i’ll have a bit of a test ride on both but was looking for long term owner feedback. Both have Tiagra groupset both same price.

Riding consist of mainly country roads anywhere from 20-100 miles.

jmatlock
    Free Member

If you are a 56 then a chap was selling a really good spec Diverge Smartweld on here for dirt cheap. Astonishing deal.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

The diverge is like a road bike with extra tyre clearance it’s my next buy for sure.

Bregante

This was the one. I emailed the lad as I was interested but changed my mind but as he’d sent me pics and he couldn’t post them, I did it on his behalf.

I’d be surprised if it’s not sold..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/56cm-smartweld-specialized-diverge-gravel-bike-2016-immaculate-bargain

ruddy
    Free Member

I’ve got the diverge elite, had it since November.

Not ridden anything since as its so much fun. Capable on the weekend roadie run and great on the bridletracks round here. Mines completely stock and the tiagra feels better than my 5600 105 groupset.

Back end is very comfortable but stiff for pedalling at the same time – not sure how.

Will also use in the summer for c2c tour / bivvies with a rack and take to France on family holiday to tour the vendee.

Recommended. Any questions just ask.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Smartweld frame is a peach.

Bregante

CFH how tall are you and what size frame is yours? I was very tempted by the one above but think it’s just a bit on the small side for me at a fraction over 6ft.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m a smidgen under 6 an on a 56. I’d suggest a 58 for you. Note, however, that they’re designed for a lot of seatpost for comfort and a relatively upright/comfortable ride position.

So, probably a 58, but go and get fitted properly.

Bregante

As I suspected.cheers.

globalti
    Free Member

I had a Roubaix SL3 (now for sale in almost new condition, size 56) for a brief time and then moved on to a Roubaix SL4. I just love that bike, it’s so smooth and fast, yet it’s comfortable over 100 miles and handles like a dream. It’s definitely a faster bike than the SL3, which feels less lively by comparison. I’m bang on 6′ and the 56 fits me perfectly. If I was 6’1″ I would still go for the 56.

I’ve taken the SL4 down gravel tracks and stony rough BWs and it rides just fine and nice and smooth. At the same time it can hold its own against my cycling buddy’s Tarmac on the summer evening hooligan ride. If you’re anywhere near Lancashire you’d be welcome to test-ride it.

Kuco

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately Bregante i’m a short arse and need a 52.

Kuco

Well I ordered an Elite Smartweld today. I know it’s only Tiagra but the frame should be good to build on as things wear out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Diverge Elite Smartweld vs Roubaix SL4’ is closed to new replies.