Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Demo 8 sizing chart?
  • seeyouatheraces
    Free Member

What size Specialized Demo 8 bike should I get XS or Small i’m 5ft3″

Struggling to find a sizing chart…?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/demofsr/demo8icarbon#geometry
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/demofsr/demo8frame#geometry
    Measure what you currently have is the best option. Either that or try a spec concept shop.

Height is a fairly arbitrary number when it comes to bike size, leg length, torso & arm length are all big contributing factors, especially on smaller bikes.

seeyouatheraces
    Free Member

Ok thanks for the quick reply.

I’ll have to go sit on a few bikes in the bike shops and get a feel for them never had a dh bike before.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol in that case why do you want a demo 8 specifically?

Head out to some uplift days, see whats going round see if you can get a bounce on a couple. Fairly hard to demo a DH bike normally. Unless you have cash burning a huge hole in your pocket and your sure DH is for you consider 2nd hand, there are plenty of bargains out there and the current owners will be able to tell you a bit about fit etc.

seeyouatheraces
    Free Member

Demo 8 seems to be one of the best bikes to get. I will definitely be buying a second hand bike.
    My enduro is a great bike but I need something with longer travel for the Whistler bike park.
    Cheers dude

JCL
    Free Member

Absolutely 100% XS. They are big bikes. Hill rode a small and is 5’8″. A small is slightly larger than a Trek etc medium.

steveh

Oddly to disagree with the above they are pretty standard size wise on the newer ones. A medium demo is the same as a medium v10, intense etc so nothing too unusual. The only thing with the demo is that if you look at top tube lengths then they look shorter than many bikes. This is because the BB is set further back so the feet to bars distance is the same.

There is nothing to beat trying one however and with demo’s especially as lots of people don’t get on with them.

honourablegeorge

steveh – Member
    Oddly to disagree with the above they are pretty standard size wise on the newer ones. A medium demo is the same as a medium v10, intense etc so nothing too unusual. The only thing with the demo is that if you look at top tube lengths then they look shorter than many bikes. This is because the BB is set further back so the feet to bars distance is the same.

Agreed totally on this – went through endless sizing charts and sitting on other people’s bikes when buying a DH frame recently – the top tube measurements are next-to-useless, because frame layouts are so different. Ended up on a medium Makulu at 6’1″ and couldn’t be happier.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

try try before you buy… or you can just rent what the bike park has on offer every year.. last year they had giant glory’s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Demo 8 sizing chart?’ is closed to new replies.