Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized Demo 7 & 8. Why not UK?
  • flamejob
    Free Member

I’m twiddling with the idea of getting a DH bike again as I will shortly be living 20min away from chairlift gnarl and was looking at the offerings.

As I pretend to work in a shop a few days a month so I can get a nice deal on a new bike from the main brands (Trek, Marin, SBC, Giant, Orange)

I like the look of the Demo8 (Pikey version with Boxxers) but SBC UK don’t bring it in. Arse! Why? *throws toys

Kuco

If you want a small or large some shops still have last years models but if you want a medium then it’s tuff. I know how you feel I struggled like hell to get a medium the last shop I tried had one left, not even Specialized UK have any mediums.

njee20
    Free Member

Not a big enough market, it’s not unreasonable.

Kuco

You can also but the new SX trail as a frame abroad but no in the UK.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not a big enough market, it’s not unreasonable.

Quite agree I’ve never seen anybody ride DH in the UK!!

What with all those races and up lifts and tracks

If they go with the I’ll have whatever Sam Hill is on they will be as many about as there are Sundays

bigrich

new zealand you can get the full range and theres about 12 people there.

you can get them in oz too, but they cost a fortune.

however, your limited to iron horse giant or spesh as they dominate the market

i reckon its not the markets too small, its that theres so much competition out there in that bracket/niche/thing

demo 7’s are ace btw

Doug
    Free Member

They’ll be back next year once Mr. Hill & the Dog have created a bit more interest.

sq225917
    Free Member

Get a demo, they come up on ebay from time to time.

Got mine unused for £1200, thrown a bit at it since..

flamejob
    Free Member

I don’t swallow the whole ‘market too small’ business. They could at least bring one of the 4 Demos in.

@Kuco I work in one of the major national chains so it’d have to be from them 🙂 I have a 150/160mm Pitch for SX type stuff so having one would be too close a bike really.

*sulks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Demo 7 & 8. Why not UK?’ is closed to new replies.