Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Specialized Crosstrail
  • LMT
    Free Member

Anyone use one? or recommend something similar?

Plan to cycle to work was going well, I was using my road bike the local council tarmacked the canals so it was fast slick cycle to work, last week well they covered it all in stones, I didn’t notice so hit the stones and slid.

I could use my mtb but cyclescheme means I can get a new bike, I had the boardman cx in my sights but can’t use cyclescheme. Looked at the Trek DS ranage but they don’t really inspire me. The crosstrail seems to hit all the buttons the comp disc at £900.

Any others out there I might of missed? anyone currently have one, whats it like to live with?

acidchunks

I had a 2012 sport disc model, was £500 so lower in the range than the one you’re looking at.

Replaced the crap suntour fork with a rigid on one carbon which made the bike 10x better. Eventually replaced it with a rigid mtb 29er because I got sick of clipping the pedals due to the low bb.

LMT
    Free Member

Tumbleweed on the commute front then!

kjrogers

My Wife has a crosstrail elite disc. The frame seems pretty sound but we’ve upgraded almost everything else on it. The fork is crap, it would be better being rigid. We changed that to a Rockshox paragon. Have also upgraded the wheels and drivetrain but she isn’t using it as a commuter. Lost 2.5kgs in weight from the original.

If we were to buy again I would look at the pinnacel cobalt 5 or the scott sub cross 10.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Crosstrail’ is closed to new replies.