Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Control Post IR/IRCC
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Anyone here used one of these over a decent length of time and if so what do you think – reliable? I will be finally making the switch to a dropper soon and so far this one seems like the best one for me. I like the idea of the quick and positive return and the SLR remote lever looks like the best I’ve seen. I’m a bit concerned about the 125mm drop, I’d rather have 150 to get it all the way down but I think it should go low enough still – I can always lower the post all the way if I’m doing an uplift day or something.

If I don’t want the “cruise control” stuff (rather just run the post full or dropped) should I just get an IR version or does the CC have other advantages?

I was also looking at the Magura Vyron electric one but have read it’s not very good at returning quickly and can develop play?

BoardinBob

8 months on mine (IRcc). Been amazingly reliable. I was very dubious to start with but it’s been 100%. Had a wee issue at the start where it would slip down but learned that just meant tweaking the cable tension as I’d buggered it up myself.

warns74
    Free Member

Had my command post IIRC since last November. Also had the same initial issue as ^^BB^^ with a slight drop by one or two notches, but was also fixed in seconds with a couple of turns of additional cable tension on the lever.

Overall I rate it over the reverb I have and the new spesh gear lever style activation is brilliant, it feels much more natural using it when riding in comparison with a reverb lever.

mark90
    Free Member

I bought a 2nd hand IR from ebay. It was a bit sticky, not very slick movement. Strip down showed the brass guides had been damaged from over extension, probably due to over pressuring the air return, which was probably due to the stiction in the mucky seals. A rebuild kit from spesh was easy to fit and it’s now working as new*. That DIY rebuildability was a key feature for me. Routine DIY cleaning / servicing (which is easy enough) should prevent the issue occurring again. If they did a 27.2 version I’d have one for my HT too.

* there is a little rotation in the post, about 3mm at saddle nose, but comparing this to a new one on a shop fresh Camber it seems to be standard.

BoardinBob

One observation. Initially, pressing the button to raise the saddle was almost lethal. The return speed was vicious so you had to remember to get your nether regions well out the way or be sitting on the saddle when you released it and slowly cushion it back it. It’s slowed to an acceptable level over time but I did get caught out a few times initially.

The remote lever is also excellent. Way better than a reverb or the KS I had years ago which was just horrible to operate.

warns74
    Free Member

BoardingBob, you can adjust the pressure in the post to slow it up a little bit. I think spesh recommend a range of pressure (something like 15-25psi). I had mine at the higher end initially and was very glad I already had kids!

_tom_
    Free Member

Sounds good so far 🙂 Got my first kid on the way so maybe this will curtail the gf’s plans for a big family 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Control Post IR/IRCC’ is closed to new replies.