• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kd48.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Specialized Camber Evo
  • colin27
    Free Member

Does anyone have one, and if so, what do you think? I reckon for trail centres and odd big days in the Lakes and Highlands it should be a pretty quick all rounder, obviously not so good on the rougher stuff but lighter and sharper everywhere else.

However, I’ve never seen one let alone ridden one, so feel free to set me straight…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

About to pull the trigger. Enjoyed the demo. Look great in ’15 colours. Great all rounder IMO.

deanfbm
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/who-lives-with-or-has-lived-with-a-camber-evo

I have one, friend tried it, he now has one too.

I bought it expecting to gain some efficiency over what ive had before, maybe even sacrificing capability.

It’s sooo good.

Super efficient, climbs really well, keeps/gains speed well on the flatter stuff where my last bike felt like hard work.

Jumps, rough and fun is where the bike has really surprised me (and my friend who has just got his). Bike is nimble, responsive, flickable etc etc, excellent balanced jumper whilst being able to monster truck and being nice and stable when you need it to. Bike is also nice and stiff in a confidence inspring kind of way. Friend is voicing the same opinions too, coming straight from a DH bike.

Im consistently setting PRs on strava up along and down on it, bear in mind it’s winter too, faster on some “DH” stuff than my DH bike too.

Cable routing is a bit meh, no dropper stealth routing on the alu models.

But yea, feels really good, the geo/fit/suspension puts me in a real strong position to deal with anything and keeps you in that position ie, the suspension has masses of support, only uses it when it needs to, but there is always masses of grip and never harsh.

colin27
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds like a winner, will have to go see one soon.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lack of dropper and stealth routing is poor. Esp v stumpy and anthem sx.

Good to hear the +Ve feedback

kd48

Had my first ride on my new Camber Evo at a very snowy Glentress today, it’s an absolutely stonking bike, confidence inspiring, good climber and it looks fantastic. Got mine fitted with a command post and the routing is a bit crappy, but better than a standard add-on one without any internal routing. Get one it’s a whole lot of bike for the cash, by the way I’m 5’8″ and the medium is bang on, size wise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Camber Evo’ is closed to new replies.