Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Specialized Camber – Bottom Brackets??
  • dai3015
    Free Member

Just a quick question which has stumped me (poor pun, I know!!) – I’ve just picked up a Camber 29 2017 base model and it comes with an external GXP BB.
    Looking at the spec for the Camber Comp, the next model up, and it comes with a Press Fit BB – why would they do this?
    I’m pleased that my version has the external BB but just thought that all the frames would be tooled the same, so why put a press fit in as you go up the range?
    Any ideas or thoughts?

bowglie

Does the next model up have a carbon frame?

dai3015
    Free Member

No, aluminium as well

bowglie

Wow, that is odd. I gather the latest Cambers use the same front triangle as the latest generation Stumpjumpers. Maybe Specialized are using up the previous years front triangles on some models of Camber. Or, if it’s a webpage you’ve seen it on, maybe it’s a typo? Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen incorrect frame spec details listed on 2nd Party websites. Nothing like ordering a new frame and then finding your existing seatpost or B.B. that you thought would fit, won’t eh?!

dai3015
    Free Member

Have got the bike and it’s definitely a n external bb

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s not a threaded sleeve with the BB screwed in at either end, is it?

dai3015
    Free Member

Not sure. I didn’t think that SRAM did those bb’s?
    Not overly concerned as bike works well and BB is fine, just wondered why specialized would do it
    Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Camber – Bottom Brackets??’ is closed to new replies.