Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Specialized Butcher Control
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what exactly are these tyres designed for? in the all mountain tyre section on spesh site it has the purgatory control (which ive gathered are a all round tyre, good in mud, winter etc), and the butcher control, which i cant figure out at all is the purpose of? it seems most stumpy fsr’s have this on the front and purgatory control on the back?

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s similar to a Minion DHF.

Intermediate tyre.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

chakaping – sorry whats a minion for? is it some form of d/h based tyre? i dont need anything ‘extreme’ but just wondering if it would be beneficial given spesh supply it on their ‘all mountain’ range up front

chakaping
    Free Member

“Control” is their trail/all mountain carcass I believe.

Minion DHF is a popular DH tyre pattern which is also really popular in single ply for normal riding. Rolls fast and has excellent cornering grip.

Still the default choice for lots of riders for mixed conditions and rocks.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers chakaping!

think ill probably just stick with the purgatory controls for winter then

chiefgrooveguru

Compared to the Purgatory it’s grippier and draggier. Should be pretty decent in mud given it’s like a Minion DHF with a slightly more open tread pattern – and it’s 50a not 60a (Maxxpro) or 42a (Supertacky) so a halfway house in terms of grip and drag vs the two Minion compounds.

andyrm
    Free Member

As has been said, it’s a tyre designed for big AM bikes, particularly on the front. Saw quite a lot of them in Finale on the front, either that or a Minion DHF.

The Control versions are quite good – and it looks like this has a softer compound than most of the other Spesh tyres so should be grippier.

Tubeless compatible but interestingly only about 20g lighter than a wire bead Minion DHF which will also go up tubeless with no worries.

I’d be interested to see what the sidewalls are like – some of the Specialized tyres are ridiculously thin. S-Works in particular are terrible – stare at them funny and the sidewal will split……

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so it sounds like its a pretty meaty tyre then, not massievly what id need it for, thinks ill stick with the purgatory f&r combo then, at least they sound releatively decent in wet weather, and im not into downhill etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Specialized Butcher Control’ is closed to new replies.